I just paid off my layaway...

Help Support Ruger Forum:

JCCVaquero

Bearcat
http://i470.photobucket.com/albums/rr69 ... ain001.jpg

The bottom gun is the newest member of the family. It is also the most expensive otd purchase I've ever made.

It is a stainless version of the original factory engraving done on a single six by CHJ. Robert Kain was commissioned by RAC for this project he worked on them in 1983 and 1984. The project included the Spainish engraving ( the top gun in the photo) and the CHJ "American engraving" (the bottom photo). The project was limited to no more than the original production. But actual production amounted to only a couple of dozen guns.

I had the opportunity to buy both guns, but the family money fund was screaming compromise. The good news is the new owner of the "Spanish" is just as happy as I am. I think his collection is much more advanced than mine.

If others in the forum know any history in this RAC project, I welcome any information they can provide.

chet15

Hawkeye
I'd heard the same thing, that there might not be as many of the "American" style engraved as the Spanish (there were 20 spanish guns made). And remembering back then a lot of folks wanted that Spanish.
For no more than you see of either model, it would not surprise me if there were forty or so in all.
Chet15

flatgate

Hawkeye
rac19831984robertkain001.jpg

I don't have a lot of knowledge about these guns. The fact that Sturm, Ruger & Co. did not commission the work makes them "novelty" items and
not so much of a "Ruger Collectors'" item. Nonetheless, they are amazing specimens and are definitely something to be cherished.

I'll certainly step aside and wait for further commentary from the "big boys" who've been around a while.

JMHO,

flatgate

G2

Hunter
:shock: Good Stuff WMG.

Fun stuff to read. THANKS for sharing.

HAWKEYE#28

Staff member
I recall that in the time period that the Second Generation RCA revolvers appeared and were available for order, I purchased SN 74414 factory cased RSSE from a retired TWA pilot as a result of his walking up to my table at an Arizona Gun Collectors' show in Mesa, Az. Went to his home a week later and closed the deal. SN 74414 only cost me about $95 more than the RCA revolver would have cost. It was an easy decision for me and she still lives with the Hawkeye Girls, here in the Near North Woods. 8)

JCCVaquero

Bearcat
Very interesting, I wonder how Robert Kain got involved in this project.

Any more of you TopGuns out there with another element of the project. I'll try and reconnect my scanner in the next day or two so I can post the RCA certificate dated 10/12/1983 The certificate appears to be signed by Nancy J Padua

Is Nancy still involved with RAC? Do you suppose she has other details about the project in a folder somewhere. Maybe an accurate accounting of the serial numbers is possible.

Again thanks for all the history.

JCCVaquero

Bearcat
I contacted the Bob Kain's son-in-law. He found a folder of about twenty pages of correspondence between Bob and RCA about the Stainless Single Six engraving project.

In a few days I maybe able to answer the question about how Bob Kain got involved in this project.

stay tuned....

flatgate

Hawkeye
A little confusion may exist here. The Abbreviation RAC, I believe, is used to refer to the Ruger Collectors Aassociation (RCA). It made me scratch my head for a second or two.

Interesting information, that's for sure.

flatgate

Latest posts