I have this old gun......RECEIPT

Help Support Ruger Forum:

10MMGary

Single-Sixer
Not old and no real interesting history involved, but one of my favorite receipts(for a obvious reason)and a fun gun to boot. Yes that is a new model Winchester 1300 Speedpump field grade in 20ga. I believe I posted the original story back when I first purchased this gun, totally legit and that price was not a mistake. My WM was going out of the gun business, so prices were slashed with the thinking that moving them to another gun selling WM store was too much of a hassle :?: :?: :?: Additionally the foam packing inserts inside the box were somewhat smashed up, that was the reason for the insanely low price according to the dept manager. I did receive a call from my bud who works in that dept to see if I would be interested, I guess I was as I showed up at 6AM and waited until 9AM when they start selling guns each day.
DSC01575.JPG

DSC01574.JPG
[/img]

Curio Bill

Bearcat
BearHawk 357":zb39zniv said:
Wow, Cholo....you were buying guns before I was even born. I wasn't even of the legal age to purchase a revolver until year 1997. I guess the term "old" is going to have to mean different things to different folks here.

P.S. I wonder how much that Colt Python is worth these days? Probably a bit more than what it cost back in the 70's....
I saw several yesterday at a show for $1300 and up.
I remember passing up a FINE blue 4 inch Python in the late 1990's for $550 because it might as well have been $5k at that time for me. Just wasn't gonna happen. I sure wish I could replay that one!!

CraigC

Hawkeye
Inflation is the answer. The value of EVERYTHING is dependent on the American dollar! :roll:

Your four hundred 1994 dollars are worth $571 in today's money.

John Taffin recently did an article on the Super Blackhawk. Lots of folks get starry eyed when he mentions that they first sold for $120. Figure in inflation and you're at $860 in today's dollars. Anybody can find a new Super for not much more than $500. So the Super Blackhawk (and any other Ruger) is actually a beter value than it was 50yrs ago.

Cholo

Staff member
"I saw several yesterday at a show for $1300 and up.

I remember passing up a FINE blue 4 inch Python in the late 1990's for $550 because it might as well have been $5k at that time for me. Just wasn't gonna happen. I sure wish I could replay that one!!" Curio Bill

Bill, what condition were they in for the $1300 up? I know what you mean about not having the $. Back about '75 a co-worker was selling a mint 4" blue Python for $150. I was simply broke :cry:

CraigC, I've said the same thing about inflation. Some real bargin new guns out there today.

How did you figure the inflated prices? Is there a web link for something bought in '75 what that means in today's dollars?

Curio Bill

Bearcat
Cholo":28aq53in said:
"I saw several yesterday at a show for $1300 and up.

I remember passing up a FINE blue 4 inch Python in the late 1990's for $550 because it might as well have been $5k at that time for me. Just wasn't gonna happen. I sure wish I could replay that one!!" Curio Bill

Bill, what condition were they in for the $1300 up? I know what you mean about not having the $. Back about '75 a co-worker was selling a mint 4" blue Python for $150. I was simply broke :cry:

CraigC, I've said the same thing about inflation. Some real bargin new guns out there today.

How did you figure the inflated prices? Is there a web link for something bought in '75 what that means in today's dollars?
I had my 5 yr old son with me plus I knew I wouldn't be buying, so I did not actual handle them, several had boxes & they all looked pretty good from a decent gawking distance. I remember one with box was stickered at $1895.

While we are on the "Icouldn't afford it then" theme, back in high school in the early 80's my most lusted over gun was an HK91 for $400-$450. Needless to say I still don't have one!!!