I have a couple of questions regarding my new Ruger LC9S

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Conservative

Blackhawk
First, I love it.

It's a thing of beauty!

I've put about 300 rounds downrange with it without a hiccup.

I mostly bought it (roughly a month ago) to wear while mowing, chain sawing, tree pruning, power washing and well you get the idea...rough work where particulates will be flying all over.

That being said, I've looked exhaustively for an OWB, zippered, rectangular pack (not a fanny pack) that'll hold my pistol with a 9 round extended magazine in the mag well plus a spare 7 round magazine. I will carry this rig on my own gun belt, thus no fanny pack necessary. I'd like to keep it simple.

Tips on where to find such a critter?

P.S. I've pounded on the doors of Amazon and number of other suppliers with no luck?
Yes, I can find many a standard holster for my LC9S, but what I just described...nope.

Thanks!

Rei40c

Blackhawk
Here's a crazy idea but from what you asked for you almost perfectly described a belt mounted camera case. It would take some research to find one just the right size but I actually think it would meet all your needs. Here is an example of what I'm talking about. $5.49 at best buy.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/lowepro-geneva-10-camera-case-black/9773712.p?skuId=9773712&cmp=RMX&extStoreId=434&ref=212&loc=1&ksid=727c5fef-8c39-4935-b6bd-ba52cd8b94ce&ksprof_id=14&ksaffcode=pg174611&ksdevice=c&lsft=ref:212,loc:2

Quote from page. "For those with belts, it has a double velcro belt attachment. It's so strong that I have to add extra force to undo the velcro."

You could wear it and move it as needed to any position along your belt line.

teuthis

Single-Sixer
In winter I just carry mine in a coat pocket. I have an Uncle Mike's pocket holster that can even work in loose pants. I do not often carry extra mags, but one in another pocket should work fine.

Conservative

Blackhawk
I finally found what I was looking in the way of rectangular, zippered, OWB pack.

It's made by a company called Craft Holsters.

They come in sizes and I chose No. 2.

It's a perfect design for what I need it for.

In fact, I had to do some chores outside this morning and wore it with my LC9S snugly ensconced inside it. It even has it own pocket for a spare magazine.

It's actually quite attractive too and only cost about $32.00, is well made and I may get one for G19.

Latest posts