I had to buy it....Really !!! Single Six

Help Support Ruger Forum:

22mike

Bearcat
I had all but given up buying a Ruger Single Six due to the high prices. I wanted a stainless steel Single Six but new ones were $450 +. So a couple weeks ago I was looking around my local gun shop when the owner quietly placed a stainless SS right in the case before my eyes. The price tag had $249.99 on it. I almost fell over backwards and calmly asked to see it. It only had the .22 lr cylinder but looked in super condition. So I grunted..."I'll Take it ". I guess a good deal still exists for the lucky and blind......... :shock:
ssa.jpg

ssb.jpg

street

Hunter
Look at the frame just in front of the trigger guard, turning the gun upside down. If you see a star stamped into the frame, then this gun only came from the factory with a 22 cylinder. With a serial number with the pre-fix 62, it could well be a star model. If no star then it's missing the Mag. cylinder. Still a nice gun!

cgb

Bearcat
Every once in a while I run across a good deal, and snatch it up. I would have bough that also.

27 Man

Bearcat
I did it too Tuesday night. I went in to the Pawn Shop to just look around and there laid a 5 1/2" Single Six with both cylinders -- no box. I got to talking to the shop owner about various topics and walked out the door with it minus $240. Those standard sights are hard to see but it is a slick little gun. Only has a small scuff mark on the backstrap.

RedLabel

Single-Sixer
I've had my Single Six for about a year now. It's still the first gun I pick up and fondle when I walk past my den :D . You know, just in passing :D :D

22mike

Bearcat
I had to paint my front and rear sight. My eyes aren't what they use to be. It is a good shooter though. I am gonna try the poor mans trigger job next !
:shock: