i got a surprise in the mail.

Help Support Ruger Forum:

LSCG

Buckeye
last week I was talking with a friend of mine named Todd Corder. Todd owns a cast Bullet business and specializes in custom molds and custom cast bullets. he happen to mention that he was just about to expand his business with new casting machines and a bunch of new molds and that he was going to have a big sale on some of the custom molds that he had in stock.

I told him for a while now i had been wanting to learn how to cast my own bullets but something else always got in the way. fast forward to Friday. I went to the post office and was surprised to see a box from Todd, thinking it might be some bullets I opened it up and was shocked to see one of his 120 grain Flat Nose Gas Check Molds for my 327FM/32H&R Mag single seven. of all the bullets I've used in my single seven this has proven to be the most accurate giving me lots of 1" groups at 25 yards and several 2" to 2 1/2" groups at 50 yards. while I haven't had the chance to try it on game yet several other people i know have and state that it's a heavy hitter on Hogs and similar sized game.

needless to say this has given me the nudge I needed to get into casting so a Lee Pro 4 20 Lb. Furnace has been ordered along with twenty pounds of lead and a lee sizer kit. with winter on the way it couldn't have been more perfect timing. come next spring I plan to be sitting on a mountain of bullets. :mrgreen:

Todd's website is down right now for complete re-vamping but here is his Contact info.

Todd Corder
2618 E. County Rd. 800
Plymouth IL. 62367
email address. ( remove the spaces ) lalaland @ adams.net

if you're in the market for some top quality molds or Bullets send him an email and he'll send you a list of what he's got available. he has a 180 grainer for the 38spl/357Mag that looks especially good for deep penetration on large game. gonna have to see if I can get one of them before he sells out!

Zane.

six shot group measuring 2 1/4" center to center at 50 yards.

contender

Ruger Guru
A surprise like that,,, well, I'd think you deserve it!

Besides,,, that mold looks good & it's a good way to start casting. Now,,, learn about powder coating, & plan on getting more lead! 20 lbs isn't much,,,,,,,,,,,,,,!

dougader

Hunter
I bought 500 of Todd's 32 bullets and they're great. Some people like a heavier bullet in the 327 Federal but I think this is just about the perfect cast bullet for high velocity loads in the Single Seven.

LSCG

Buckeye
contender said:
A surprise like that,,, well, I'd think you deserve it!

Besides,,, that mold looks good & it's a good way to start casting. Now,,, learn about powder coating, & plan on getting more lead! 20 lbs isn't much,,,,,,,,,,,,,,!

hehehehehe well I definitely plan on getting more lead as soon as I can. :mrgreen:

LSCG

Buckeye
dougader said:
I bought 500 of Todd's 32 bullets and they're great. Some people like a heavier bullet in the 327 Federal but I think this is just about the perfect cast bullet for high velocity loads in the Single Seven.

it really does cover all the bases.

don44 said:
Good going!

thank you!

Jimbo357mag said:
That is a nice looking mold and the bullets don't look bad either. Congrats. :D

thanks!

cadillo

Blackhawk
I've yet to cast with an aluminum mould, but would sure have a go at one of that quality, especially with that style sprue plate. I have several of KAL's sprue plates with the handle for use on my Lyman four cavity moulds. Sure beats the old system!

Nice mould!

LSCG

Buckeye
cadillo said:
I've yet to cast with an aluminum mould, but would sure have a go at one of that quality, especially with that style sprue plate. I have several of KAL's sprue plates with the handle for use on my Lyman four cavity moulds. Sure beats the old system!

Nice mould!

thanks!