I Finally Got An Old Model Super Blackhawk!

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Wyatt Burp

Bearcat
I always wanted one in shooter grade. Here it is. also a Redhawk that belonged to my dad. I made the holster for a Colt SAA about 25 years ago, but this .44 SBH fits perfect.

DSCN0077.jpg

DSCN0076.jpg

DSCN0078.jpg

EarlFH

Single-Sixer
Congratulations, you'll never regret it. I always look at aquiring another OM, like I was getting a mint '40 Ford coupe. A thing of beauty. :D
That Redhawk looks pretty nice, too. What caliber is it?

EarlFH

Wyatt Burp

Bearcat
EarlFH":1ker43dg said:
Congratulations, you'll never regret it. I always look at aquiring another OM, like I was getting a mint '40 Ford coupe. A thing of beauty. :D
That Redhawk looks pretty nice, too. What caliber is it?

EarlFH
The Redhawk is a .44 mag. It had these really nice but slightly worn Herrett's on it, but I prefer the smaller "stock" stocks.
I'm a Colt guy mostly but I love the stregth and quality of these early Rugers. Those recessed chambers and SOLID four clicks knock me out. This SBH is 1969. And this Rehawk. It has an extremely smooth DA with slight stacking at the end. I wonder if they are all that smooth.

wes-ki-mo

Bearcat
Have you noticed the difference in trigger action between the old and the "new and improved" Super Blackhawk? I have one of each and I feel a great deal of difference but it might just be me. Another thing about the square back on the trigger guard, the left edge of my middle finger looks like a badly swollen joint. I had shot my old one for many years and the joint shows it. At one time I considered getting rid of both of them but a gunshop friend told me to try a set of Hogues. What a change! It covers the back of the guard so there's no impact. Saved the orig. grips but find that my hand doesn't complain any more.

flatgate

Hawkeye
Nice ol' Super! Yup, I have one that's been reblued a time or two and wouldn't trade it for the world....... :D

Nice Holster. I see it hangs on the proper side...... :roll:

flatgate

Wyatt Burp

Bearcat
maxpress":27aupii2 said:
very nice.

is that the original trigger? its thicker than the NM BH triggers
I guess it is. I don't have anything to compare it to. It's serrated and feels great.

Chief 101

Hunter
Nice rig and should be a real good shooter only...checkered grips on a SBH?
I expect it will be interesting to shoot. Chief aka Maxx Load
BTW great looking grips

Wyatt Burp

Bearcat
Chief 101":1einnuel said:
Nice rig and should be a real good shooter only...checkered grips on a SBH?
I expect it will be interesting to shoot. Chief aka Maxx Load
BTW great looking grips
This gun came with fat target grips. I hated them. So I bought these because they were just so purty! The checkering isn't really sharp, but I think they will definately cause me some trouble when this thing blasts off.

Chief 101

Hunter
Alls you can do is get out and shoot it, it is way to purdy to hurt.
guns.gif

Chief aka Maxx Load