I finally did it

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Tommy Kelly

Buckeye
I have a thing for ruger single actions and have a thing for short bbl's. I have at least one of every cal ruger makes in 4 5/8" in. And got a 30 carbine that isn't offered in 4 5/8 so my son likes guns as much as I do and has cut several rugers off and they turned out great. So I sent my 30 carbine home with him the other day for him to cut down. He called today and said he had it cut and the sight on and it turned out perfect. he was crowning the bbl with a 11 degree crowning tool he bought from brownells and in about 20 minutes he would be through with it. I cant wait to get it back and try it out. We cut another one of mine before x mas and it shoots great. It was a 7.5 super blackhawk with the warning on the side of the bbl. I cut it to 5" to keep from cutting off part of the warning. I like a cross draw holster and the 5" wouldn't fit my crossdraw holster so I had to buy another one for the 6" and it works fine my 4 5/8 crossdraw is a closed bottom holster with a strap and all my 4 5/8" pistols fit it fine even my 4 5/8" 44 mag with the round trigger and reg gripframe. The new holster doesn't have a strap but fits the pistol fine now.

tek4260

Buckeye
101_1585.jpg

101_1584.jpg

101_1587.jpg

101_1586.jpg

He are some pics of dads 30 Carbine now. Now I think I'll throw those rubber grips away and return it with some walnut in their place. Nevermind, I know you have more Pachs to replace them with. Oh well :)

Tommy Kelly

Buckeye
Boy it's great to have a talented son. He is one of those people who is super good with his hands and can do almost anything. He enjoys piddling with guns and cars and is a great shooter and enjoys his few hobbys. I am a very proud father.

Jayhawkhuntclub

Buckeye
I won't saying anything about the absurd looking grips. Oh wait...I just did. Aside from that, the thing looks sweet. Looks like he did a great job. I too love the 4.6 inchers! Congratulations!