I don't see this as an upgrade on the Mark lll...

Help Support Ruger Forum:

"It ain't a combat gun. And, I can count without using my fingers. Why would I need a hold open device?"

Noper, it's not a "combat gun", it's a "fun gun". Since it IS a fun gun, I don't feel I should have to "count rounds" nor do the Grandkids have the capability to keep track of rounds fired. The last shot bolt lock feature IS worthwhile and very handy. When the kids shoot to slide lock, I know the pistol is clear and safe.

The bolt hold open feature AND the one extra round in the magazine was the improvement from the MK I to the MK II. Having used a MK I in competition I can say that the 'extra' round, and the hold open, was a BIG plus.

Chief_10Beers

Blackhawk
CCW said:
Am I missing something because I don't understand the benefit of installing a hammer bushing on a Ruger Mark III. They say that this will allow you to fire the pistol without the magazine but that would only be one round, what's the advantage?

I ordered a " stainless filler" for the loaded chamber indicator on my Mark lll and thought about installing the hammer bushing at the same time but when I did a little research I'm not sure if it's worth the effort.

Yes it's worth the effort to replace the hammer bushing, it's easy to do and you'll don't have to monkey fart around using a Magazine to take down and reassemble the MKIII. As for the LCI, most people don't have a problem with it, some who have Stove pipe and FTE have replaced the LCI with a LCI Blank Plate and the problems went away.

As for me, since I was replacing the Hammer Bushing, might as well replace the LCI, so I now have a Updated MKII with a Behind the Trigger Well Magazine Release......................

woodpuppy

Single-Sixer
Hear ye, hear ye, the MKIII is an evolutionary dead end. The MKIV is the fork in the road worth pursuing, no mag safety, no LCI, improved takedown and controls.