I don't belong....

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Mike J

Hunter
Bob Wright I don't know who told you to leave. If it was the Administrator or something like a moderator I would heed it. If it were just another member I wouldn't worry about it. I wouldn't make a big deal about it but I would participate if I wanted to. Some folks just don't like any form of criticism & are offended that anyone might disagree with them. Poor them. Sometimes when people disagree with me it gives me an opportunity to see something from a different perspective. I might learn something.

Mixing alcohol & guns hasn't been too much of an issue for me. When I was young I was bad to drink but guns weren't really an issue because I sold all of them trying to get out of jams. When I was 23 about a year after I sobered up I bought myself a Winchester model 70 for a deer rifle. I have abstained ever since. I don't criticize anyone else for drinking I just know I don't have any business messing with it.

volshooter

Buckeye
You're a good person for sticking to your belief.
Myself if just a simple picture of a firearm on a table including a drink would not bother me. It's not on the range. Perhaps it's a celebratory thing.
Personally, I will 100% will not hunt or do range time with active drinkers.

Bob I agree with your point about no alcohol when the guns are out and understand your points.... I find it a very good principal and follow it to a point. I will admit to drinking 'A' beer while carrying so I guess that could be hypocritical. Now with all that said, I understand your objection personally to the photo what kind of concerns me a little is what the next step might be.. Like: " let's ban the posting of photos of anything alcoholic on a gun forum".... that might just lead to even worse..... think about it.

clintsfolly

Single-Sixer
Bob I will tell you a true story of a buddy I lost years ago! Paul was a pretty good shot with just about anything that fired. Small bore rifle,Bulleye target and IHMSA when I shot with him. I found out that he had stoped shooting for a many year because of the following story. Paul and the normal crew of local bar clients where setting in the local bar. The subject of shooting came up and someone bragged up Paul skills. Words and more beer where passed about. Finally a bet was placed. The whole group left the bar and crossed the street to the indoor range over a store. A target was set and Paul put on his shooting coat got hid rifle and shot the target at 50’! Everything was put away and back to the bar to consume Paul,s winnings! The next day when Paul sobered up and realized just what he had done he sold all his firearms and never drank another drop of alcohol! The scary part was the target! A Dime held between the thumb and finger of the guy that placed the bet! Paul was sober for 10 years before he started to shoot again.

Big Old Boy

Hunter
I love a cold beer a good cigar guns and knives a picture of these things does not mean someone was out shooting under the influence.

Latest posts