I cant find my OM SS 22 mag cylinder

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Dan42nepa

Bearcat
I am usually so careful with my firearms. I took my SS to the range about a month ago and put in the 22 mag cylinder to compare accuracy against some other revolvers I own. I cleaned the 3 I shot that day and now I cant locate the cylinder. Its driving me crazy. I have ripped apart the house, my car, the range bag every place it could be.
Not sure I could get a replacement from Ruger and even if I could I am worried about sending it in for fitting and having them do the conversion without my permission. I have read of that happening before on here.
Anyone have any suggestions? Meanwhile I am still looking.

Dan

never over look the obvious, did you put that cylinder in another gun???
as for 'old model cylinders, they can be found out here......just really nee the overall length of the cylinder that 'works' in YOUR gun and go from there..........let us know ,I have a couple of them here now, all different lengths......

Dan42nepa

Bearcat
Thanks alot. How should I measure that? Use calipers? Measure from the front lip of the cylinder to the back edge?

Dan

calipers will work, and measure the "overall, total " length,,,include both the ratchets and the gas ring 'studs'....it should be around 1.612-1.622 are the extremes we have found, maybe longer, may be shorter, its YOUR gun.....I'd check to "see" that the front 'gas seal ring, is riding on the inside of the cylinder window ( no gap between it and the inside of the frame)...hold the gun ,sideways up to the light and check the gaps.......
it should NOT look like this.......

cylgapRSSnear.jpg

Latest posts