I bought another one too!!

Help Support Ruger Forum:

mjpchief

Single-Sixer
I bought another 10-22. According to the ser # it was made in 1973. Metal of course. Not that it makes any difference to me. I am in the process of restoring it now. It doesn't need much. Mostly a good cleaning and repaint on the reciever and butplate. Walnut stock looks good but will be refinished in oil.

That makes 4 for me. Two polymer and two metal. I convinced the wife that it was illegal to own on odd number of 10-22's. On the way home with it I heard on the radio that they passed a new law making it illegal to own an even number of 10'22's. Better buy another one before I get caught. Dang the luck.

One of you guys that think it is wrong to clean a 10-22 must have owned this one at one time or another, but I loaded it up and tried it before teardown and it fired as fast as I could pull the trigger. Dirt came out in chunks when I started cleaning it.

9x19

Hunter
WooHoo!

Another 10/22 is always good.

I bought another barrel today... (unfired) 16" factory take off for another 10/22 project... now to find a donor-gun that I can rob the action from. :D

old 112

Bearcat
Yeah, it just changed to the odd number requirement,
and I believe the minimum was 5, so you do not
have much choice.

Also, you should be good to go for another
3 or 4 decades after cleaning that old thing.
My 1970 model(bought new) is about due.

I do lubricate my 5(new minimum) a bit more
frequintly.

Regards,
Old 112

mjpchief

Single-Sixer
Just got it back together and it looks pretty good. I reworked the bolt release so you can just pull back on the bolt and it will release automatically. Can't see spending $10 on a release when you can make one yourself. Will also make my own bolt buffer. Still need to do a little more work on the trigger. It is still a little stiff. No creep, just a little stiff.

I think the only other thing I'm going to do to it is put an extended mag release on it. I kinda like the ones that wrap around the trigger guard.

I keep wanting to leave one without a scope but with my old eyes open sights give me fits. Will probably mount a scope on it before I shoot it very much.

Latest posts