I bought a gun just for the fun of it.

Help Support Ruger Forum:

David LaPell

Blackhawk
I decided I wanted to buy a gun with almost no practical value. I have always liked short barreled shotguns, and you can't get much shorter than this.

I bought a Pedersoli Baker Cavalry shotgun, it's 20 gauge, side by side and since it's a muzzleloader, it's perfectly legal as this doesn't violate any BATF laws. It has 11 1/4" barrels that are from what I can tell, cylinder bore. I really was thinking about buying a Blunderbuss, but this is easier to shoot and is a ton of fun.

I tested it with #7 1/2 shot & #4 birdshot at 25 yards and some .600" lead round balls with .010" patches. The holes in the bullseye target were from the # 7 1/2 shot and it was a good two feet plus from the target I used for that. I want to try it out with some buckshot when I get a chance and I have since changed the nipples from #11 caps to musket caps for the ease and more reliability.

GD3mBVq.jpg

RpybO53.jpg

GunnyGene

Hawkeye
Hmmm. Not quite fits the definition of Lupara, but close enough to be personal. :wink:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5ldg5bcwyE

David LaPell

Blackhawk
GunnyGene said:
Hmmm. Not quite fits the definition of Lupara, but close enough to be personal. :wink:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5ldg5bcwyE

Actually, it uses the same barrel as Pedersoli's 20 gauge Howdah and they can be swapped out. Hickock45 did a video showing where he took the barrel off the Howdah and put it on the shotgun's stock and action. The only thing I wish the shotgun had that the Howdah does is double triggers, it only has the one.

BDM1

Single-Sixer
That will make a nice conversation piece, ok to have some fun just for the sake of it. In that first picture, the stock looks to have some very good figure in the wood, a nice looking firearm!

eveled

Hawkeye
I've almost bought one of those but talked myself out of it. I've also always wanted a Blunderbuss. We must think a like.