I’ve got the “Single Sixness”! Can’t resist another one…

Help Support Ruger Forum:

I think you guys have infected me with the "Single Sixness"! And I'm not complaining! After buying four 3 Screws in as many months, I decided I needed one to "customize", you know- make my own. So I went looking on GB for a likely candidate. One that was a bit abused but had good bones.

I found a candidate- a 1959 with a mismatched cylinder. Bidding went from $150 to $300 in the last 15 minutes, and even though I got caught up in the excitement I managed to reel myself in. I kept looking and found another- not many pics but it looked good. A 1963 with the LR cylinder only. My bid of $330 secured the win.

Well, it showed up Monday and I was blown away. My cheapie is sort of a beauty queen! I'm guessing it has to have been refinished. There isn't a hint of a turn line! Just a slight lightening of the bluing on the muzzle, and a worn spot on the tip of the ERH. The 22LR cyl has the proper serial #'s etched on it. The hammer doesn't have the typical discoloration and it's unconverted. There's a tiny scratch on the recoil shield, but that's about it! All I need is to get a Magnum cylinder. I already sent for the Letter…

So…since this one is my wife's birth year, I may have to keep it as it is. It's too purdy to go changing stuff on. Guess I'll be looking for another. (And another…and another…)
IMG_7743.jpeg
IMG_7744.jpeg
IMG_7745.jpeg

mjh

Single-Sixer
Well I ain't no Doktor, but says I .........shoot at least 2 full cylinders full of .22lr and you'll likely feel better. With your mind clear and your body feeling good, you'll be able to come up with a plan to secure a more viable candidate for customization. Enjoy the hunt........

baumer

Bearcat
I think you guys have infected me with the "Single Sixness"! And I'm not complaining! After buying four 3 Screws in as many months, I decided I needed one to "customize", you know- make my own. So I went looking on GB for a likely candidate. One that was a bit abused but had good bones.

So…since this one is my wife's birth year, I may have to keep it as it is. It's too purdy to go changing stuff on. Guess I'll be looking for another. (And another…and another…)View attachment 25635View attachment 25636View attachment 25637
Good looking