Buckeye
Passed one up many years ago.

Attachments

• 9FB002BC-13B2-4887-84DE-8BEC61322ECD.jpeg
    9FB002BC-13B2-4887-84DE-8BEC61322ECD.jpeg
    157.2 KB · Views: 196

contender

Ruger Guru
A few decades ago,, myself,, along with 4 of my buddies all got one of those guns. I think all of us still have at least one. I've owned a couple myself.
Great little pocket guns. And more accurate than many might think.

KUDOS on finally getting one.

PS; They also came with either white or black grips.

Congrats. Looks like you got a nice one. There are a lot of them out there that are not so nice. High Standard made quite a few variations over the years, even gold and silver plated models.

herky

Bearcat
was thinking back the other day. passed up at K mart, a 357 derringer for $35. now all are over $200+.

Knuckles

Buckeye
A few decades ago,, myself,, along with 4 of my buddies all got one of those guns. I think all of us still have at least one. I've owned a couple myself.
Great little pocket guns. And more accurate than many might think.

KUDOS on finally getting one.

PS; They also came with either white or black grips.
Yep, blued with white panels…stainless/nickel had black.

BearBiologist

Buckeye
Was at the Great Western Show in L.A. Saw one and my brother wanted it. I offered to loan him the money but he kept hemming and hawing, so I bought it. All the way home, he kept crying I "stole" it from him, so I "sold" it to him (he never paid me). A year later, he found out my wife had a Jewish background, so he disowned us (No more babysitting, no invitations to birthday parties, etc.), My mom had an early Bearcat that she wanted to give to my daughter; he stole that when she died. He denies the Holocaust happened and that dinosaurs ever existed. Now, his own children have cut all ties with him.

those are a neat gun, but please do NOT dry fire it a lot, the small 'nylon' wheel that turns, to alternate the upper/lower firing pin positioning ( function) can wear, chip off one of the gear like sprockets and FUBAR,,,,,,,we worked on MANY of those years ago when our shop did warranty repair work for High Standard when they moved from Hambden to East Hartford, I ran out of them years ago,,I recall G. Elliot was making parts for them but not sure whats today, heck they even closed the new High Standard down in Texas...........:cool::rolleyes:

Snake Pleskin

Banned
Was at the Great Western Show in L.A. Saw one and my brother wanted it. I offered to loan him the money but he kept hemming and hawing, so I bought it. All the way home, he kept crying I "stole" it from him, so I "sold" it to him (he never paid me). A year later, he found out my wife had a Jewish background, so he disowned us (No more babysitting, no invitations to birthday parties, etc.), My mom had an early Bearcat that she wanted to give to my daughter; he stole that when she died. He denies the Holocaust happened and that dinosaurs ever existed. Now, his own children have cut all ties with him.
The person who said that "blood is thicker than water" was an idiot who never knew people like Charles Manson or YOUR brother. Based on your comments, it seems your brother has his own issues & demons to deal with. Not your problem! Hang in there.

Ka6otm

Blackhawk
Believe it or not, I've got a brother that's worse than that.

Blood is thicker than water? So is horse manure.