Huntington 41

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Arokcrwlr

Blackhawk
I have been anxious to get this back for a while now. This one took longer than all of my other Huntington works to date. I'm not sure if it's because he's busier, or because of the additional detail work involved with this creation. Regardless it was worth the wait as the execution is flawless in my eyes.

It started out as a Ruger 41 mag flattop. I wanted to keep it a 41 as it is one I of my favorite calibers, but I wanted a unique and accurate shooter. I sent Jack the gun, a 6" S&W M57 barrel, a 357 maxie cylinder, and a block of Claro walnut. After several phone calls with Jack and Jason, we came up with the following:

• S&W barrel left as long as possible after cutting and re-threading (~5")
  • S&W front sight base milled for replacable sight blades - patridge installed regulated with 265 gr bullets
  • S&W rear sight
  • Scalloped recoil shield and loading gate
  • High polish blue
  • CCH SBH hammer and trigger
  • Number 5 basepin
  • Huntington grip frame extension and grips with supplied wood
  • Rechambered 357 Max cylinder fit to frame window
  • Black powder chamfer cylinder
  • Action job (of course)

I love how it turned out - better than anticipated. I thought I had requested the cylinder frame to be sent to Turnbull for CCH, but now I am happy that it is blued - it looks great with the CCH hammer/trigger. Jack did a great job with every aspect of this project - perfect welding and transition to the S&W barrel, rear sight, etc.

Here's a few pics - pardon the dust...

PotatoJudge

Single-Sixer
I think the CCH hammer and trigger looks appropriate given that it's a S&W barrel, and that's what you'd see on a S&W DA.
Topstrap treatment is really nice as is the rest of the build. Lots of work in that one.

Mind if I ask why the scalloping and bolt notches/leads were left in the white?

Arokcrwlr

Blackhawk
Hey Robb, as you know they're all worth the wait. The more I shoot this one and handle it, the more I like everything about it. When Jack gets his long chamber reamer in the cylinder is going back to get the chambers cut for 1.4" brass.

Dick, I was hoping it would be finished in time for the Soda Springs gathering. I'll bring it the next time I'm up there - it is a sweet shooter.