Hunting Season Just Around The Corner

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Jimbo357mag

Hawkeye
Be sure to get out early and stake-out your favorite place. :D :D

http://www.gloucestercitynews.net/clearysnotebook/2010/09/nra-freedom-action-foundation-launches-2010-trigger-the-vote-efforthonorary-chairman-chuck-norris-stars-in-new-ad-campaign-s.html

skeeter

Single-Sixer
That would save a lot of time and effort if you had a bear tag to fill.

Jim Puke

Hunter
It is already here...for me. :lol:

Although, I didn't see a shooter, this weekend. :(

Mike J

Hunter
I didn't see anything at all Jim Luke. I'll find something before the end of the year.

stevemb

Hunter
This is why I got one of the 480 SBH's, 'cause bears happen ! In Ontario, had a very nice bear come in from behind the stand, and do a lap around the trunk of the tree, and then do the dog-like one lap around, curl up, and go to sleep. Right under my tree ! Snored, belched and farted(the bear) for the 2 longest hrs of my life. Difficult to shoot straight down with a bow, the arrow just kinda hanging loose.. Bears put the wild in wilderness, or your backyard. They are just like men, have good days, bad days, grumpy days, and I just ain't gonna take any of your bleep days..

JohnBoy

Blackhawk
I arrived at the stand bright and early one year to find an uppity raccoon in my stand. I let him have it for the day and hunted in another stand. Returning the following day to my primary stand and I find the raccoon left a nice pile of scat on the platform. That was pretty special. :roll:

Pyromike

Single-Sixer
Bow season started here Oct 1. Been out half a dozen times and haven't seen a thing. Nothing on the cameras either. I haven't heard of any success around my area. By gun season they go nocturnal. Haven't had a deer for 3 years.
Anyone willing to let a safe hunter & his 15 yr old son remove a deer from their property? It gets depressing year after year.

stevemb

Hunter
I don't do cameras, but if nothing on'em, and you not seeing deer, you're obviously in the wrong place. Michigan has lots of deer, so..? Default deer scouting, find the corn. Scout for corn that hasn't been pulled yet. If farmer jones, a mile or two from your hunting grounds still has a corn field, I know where your deer went. Next up on the menu, the acorn crop... PM's welcome

Latest posts