Hummers for sale

Help Support Ruger Forum:

tinman

Buckeye
It would appear that military Hummers are gonna be seen with civilian butts in the seats. Looks like a pretty good, "honey, I'm gonna run out to the range and zero your new deer rifle" type vehicle........

https://www.yahoo.com/autos/see-how-cheap-government-humvees-can-still-take-128025956977.html

https://www.yahoo.com/autos/military-humvees-sold-to-the-public-may-soon-be-122967003027.html

http://www.ironplanet.com/Humvees?ct=35

tinman

Buckeye
TitanX said:
If I were in the oil industry, I would buy these and give them away free to citizens - sort of the way the razor blade business works.
Give them the implement, and let them go broke buying the fuel (blades) for them.

Actually not a bad idea......at those prices I can see them being used as prizes at off-road events and such. The "mudder" crowd would likely buy all of the available tickets if some enterprising person was to raffle one off at those events.

ProfessorWes

Buckeye
For me it would depend on whether you could buy a Hummer and make it street-legal for a reasonable amount of money. It'd be the perfect bad-weather vehicle, and off-road they'll go just about anywhere they'll physically fit.

Although personally I think I'd rather have a surplus milspec GM heavy-duty pickup or CUCV (the military version of the 80s-vintage Chevy Blazer). I've actually seen a couple examples of the latter on the road in civilian hands. . .

6gun

Hunter
A bunch of Hummers were already actioned off about 6 months ago, most sold for a average of $25.000, some less, some over $30.000 sold for off road only, they are not allowing people to make them street legal.

powder smoke

Hawkeye
Notice most weighted about 7,700 lbs., remove the armor and cut the weight probably in half.
Be a fun toy. ps

tinman

Buckeye
ProfessorWes said:
For me it would depend on whether you could buy a Hummer and make it street-legal for a reasonable amount of money. It'd be the perfect bad-weather vehicle, and off-road they'll go just about anywhere they'll physically fit.

Although personally I think I'd rather have a surplus milspec GM heavy-duty pickup or CUCV (the military version of the 80s-vintage Chevy Blazer). I've actually seen a couple examples of the latter on the road in civilian hands. . .

As stated in the second link......unlike past auctions......these will come with the all important GSA form SF97-1. This is what allows them to be titled (depending on which State your in).

6gun

Hunter
tinman said:
ProfessorWes said:

As stated in the second link......unlike past auctions......these will come with the all important GSA form SF97-1. This is what allows them to be titled (depending on which State your in).

All come with a title but will they be able to be licensed for road use unlike the last ones they sold?

I'm thinking they may not even pass emission tests might be why the last auctioned ones were not allowed for road use.

tinman

Buckeye
6gun said:
tinman said:
ProfessorWes said:

All come with a title but will they be able to be licensed for road use unlike the last ones they sold?

I'm thinking they may not even pass emission tests might be why the last auctioned ones were not allowed for road use.

The emission's is a State by State thing. Will there be issues? Yes, but unlike before nothing that can't be remedied. Like I said, the big thing now is that there is an actual form allowing them to be titled.....if ya wanna.

powder smoke

Hawkeye
Exactly.

No Emissions test in these parts heck the Forest Service and Rescue
Squad have had them for some time. There extremely wide tho once you see them in person. ps

White, Straight, un-PC and Conservative how else can I offend you?
Like your tag line :)

6gun

Hunter
powder smoke said:
Exactly.

No Emissions test in these parts heck the Forest Service and Rescue
Squad have had them for some time. There extremely wide tho once you see them in person. ps

White, Straight, un-PC and Conservative how else can I offend you?
Like your tag line :)

Thanks 8)

6gun

Hunter
redhawker said:
Bet you can't make one street legal in Commiefornia.

The last batch were sold at auction under the conditions the US government would allow them to be used only for off road and nothing has changed that ruling.

Latest posts