How to use this device for counting ???

Help Support Ruger Forum:

I've had this Scrabble set for a very long time. It's got these tile holders and they have this sort of counting system on them. For the life of me I cannot figure out how to use it to count.

Any clues? It has all the pins, I assume four pins per tile holder, would that be correct?

IMG_0328.jpeg

edm1

Single-Sixer
I figured it out before reading the directions. Kinda like a tally system. As old as that is, I prefer the older way of a pencil and paper.

Bob Wright

Hawkeye
My wife and I used to play Scrabble often. I usually beat her, but only by a scant margin. We often had finals scores of 600 or so each.

We once saw some scores others made and their scores were in the 150~ 200 area.

Generation difference!

Bob Wright

Bob Wright

Hawkeye
In Scrabble, each tile (letter) has a value. But then squares on rhe board increase the value of that letter, plus other squares increas the value of the word.

Bob Wright

Isn't each letter given a number value? (It's been a long, long time since I've played Scrabble) It looks like it would be for four players. (one pin for each player) Keep track of your score going up the right hand side and down the left. First one to the end, or high score wins.
I know how to score scrabble and keep track of the points on paper.

My question was how to use the pins with the holes. I was curious why the holes go up to 20 and then 100, 200 etc. how would you keep track of a score of say 55?

My wife and I have played for years. Now our daughter plays also and she's pretty darn good. She better be though, she's in AP English at school.

Fire Chief

Bearcat
Each hole on the top row represents 20 points. each hole on the bottom row equals 1 point, so one pin in the second hole from the left equals 40 points , and a pin in the 15 hole equals 55 points.

diffy40

Single-Sixer
I know how to score scrabble and keep track of the points on paper.

My question was how to use the pins with the holes. I was curious why the holes go up to 20 and then 100, 200 etc. how would you keep track of a score of say 55?

My wife and I have played for years. Now our daughter plays also and she's pretty darn good. She better be though, she's in AP English at school.
Top row pin in second hole, 40 points
bottom row in the 15 hole , 15 points
top row each hole equals 20 points, bottom row is one thru 20.

Last edited:

Latest posts