How To Disassemble Redhawk Cylinder?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

radjxf

Bearcat
I've dismantled the Redhawk per the owner's manual.

I have the cylinder and crane assembly out. What's the proper way to take the cylinder off the crane and remove the ejector?

Thanks in advance.

GP100man

Buckeye
radjxf

if it`s workin you really don`t want to take it apart!
i took one apart & it took three hands to get it back together .
you can kleen it by blastin brake kleen in it & compressed air blow out .
then reoil with summtin lite ,i`m partial to rem oil at the time since i have a box of it.

if you must i strongly suggest a step by step instruction & study the blow up diagram.
it`s held together by pins & springs , seems like they all have to line up at same time then install locking pins.

radjxf

Bearcat
It's not a cleaning thing.

I'm actually planning on chamfering the cylinders and possibly doing a "black powder" type chamfer on the cylinder flutes while it's off.

contender

Ruger Guru
Welcome to the Forum.
Ok, since you are working on a custom modification,, I would suggest you get a copy of the book; "The Gun Digest Book of Firearms Assembly/Disassembly Part II; Revolvers Revised edition by J.B. Wood."
It has the detailed disassembly & re-assembly described & photographed in it. As mentioned,, it's not a simple job unless you have excellent knowledge & a few certain tools. There are 5 pages on this alone in the book. The book can be found for around $20 or so. Well worth the investment. (I have the complete set.)

Rob72

Bearcat
Really late to the conversation, and I assume you've done it already, but...

drive pin # 23 (in the diagram) out, from the inner face of the crane, to the outer. It is a stepped pin, so it is intended to travel only one direction, and should require minimal force to move. From there things pretty much slide apart.