How many minutes in a quarter hour?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Only if it is metric.
Believe it or not, there were suggestions to divide a day into one hundred "hours" each with 100 "minutes" having 100 "seconds. . But one suggestion was that we already have decades, centuries and millenniums, it would work. The weeks, months could be altered to a base of ten. Then they ran smack dab into that darned 365 and change year.

Last edited:
Exactly.....four (04) parts to the hour......sixty (60) minutes.......four (04) parts fifteen (15) minutes each........today kids look at their phone or apple watch and say there is no "app" like that......

I'm proud to say that my youngest (19) knows how to tell time on a actual clock and if ever needed could use a rotary phone......I made damn sure of it.....he's in the Navy now.....and they still use sound powered phones....during Battle Stations in boot camp last year that knew/remembered how to use it........
Sound powered phones don't use a rotary dial.

TINCANBANDIT is back

Single-Sixer
I was watching some of the video's where the interviewer was asking college students in DC basic questions.
How many minutes in a quarter hour?
When was the war of 1812? (Not kidding)
What do the stars on our flag represent?
Name three countries besides the USA.
How many moons does the Earth have? (again, not kidding)
You have never seen so many deer in the headlight looks.

They are teaching, or NOT teaching, the next generation of idiots.
Remember this.....REMEMBER this when teachers ask for a pay raise.....tell them to produce a quality product first, then we can talk, until then they should make less than the janitor.....

TINCANBANDIT is back

Single-Sixer
Not to take away from the Firefighters or Police but they have no college requirement to become either. On the other hand a school teacher (at least here in MD) has to have a Master degree in a certain number of years, Four years of college to obtain a Bachelor Degree then another year or so to meet the Master requirement doesn't come free.
In our local school district they are accepting teachers that have a Bachelors (in any field) and work experience. This may lead to better teachers or it could fail, probably can't get worse.
bonus points if you know where the term "2 bits" came from

In our local school district they are accepting teachers that have a Bachelors (in any field) and work experience. This may lead to better teachers or it could fail, probably can't get worse.

bonus points if you know where the term "2 bits" came from
The term "2 bits" came from the Spanish dollar which could be divided into 8 pieces. 2 bits was a quarter.... Coins have milling on the edges to prevent shaving which was a common practice. Many old Spanish and other coins were cut into smaller denominations so milling prevented that practice.

XUSNORDIE

Single-Sixer
Sound powered phones don't use a rotary dial.
Nope they don't......just a knob to turn for the extensions.......but a lot of the recruits were dumbfounded with the handset. People today don't hold anything to their ear it seems......either have a blue tooth thingy in their ear or have it on speaker for everyone to hear......

bobski

Hunter
to this day i hate guys who answer....'1/4 till' or '1/4 past' when i ask what time it is.
it doesnt help me if i dont know the hour!

ya just cant beat military time......

41Dude

Single-Sixer
His wife keeps it in a drawer
In a BIG lockbox.
25cm-hand-made-wooden-pirate-treasure-chest-fair-trade-storage-box.jpg

Latest posts