How long till we see a SR-40?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

A

Anonymous

Does anyone know if a .40 cal version of the SR9 is in the works? I can't seem to find anything about other than old threads from 07 hoping that it comes out? :?:

jhearne

Buckeye
We would like to think there is, but Ruger is generally tight lipped about their upcoming works. The SR9c was a bit of a surprise to me, as they promised the SR series' expansion later, but it took over 2 years to bring the 9c model. Other manufacturers seem to be able to generate multiple calibers on a much more rapid pace....Springfield XD's for instance.

If you really want a .40 S&W Semi-Auto now, the XD is a nice gun. I like the original generation rather the new XDm series. My father has the XD40 and loves it. Shoots great groups and has been a 100% reliable for him and me both. I still like my SR9's ergonomics though.

Josh

PS, for your signature, try posting the signature tag like this:

Code:
[url=http://www.facebook.com/wolverton1]Facebook[/url]

You don't need the ?ref=profile part of the URL you see. just your tag "wolverton1" after facebook.com/.

Mike J

Hunter
I am sure a .40 version will come sooner or later. It did take a long time for the SR9 compact to come & there were hints dropped about it right after the SR9 was released.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the replies, I'm really partial to my Sr9 and I think it's one of the best pistols I've ever owned. At 1k rounds I haven't had a single problem and it fits my hand perfectly. The reason I asked about a .40s&w is, I've just started shooting IDPA and metal drop targets and I have to always hit high enough to knock down the targets or I have to fire a second time. Most people have told me to buy a .40 but I'd really like it in the SR9 frame. Maybe I'll just shoot better till they bring out the .40, lol.

jhearne

Buckeye
Yep, the 9mm isn't the very best at dropping steel, unless you're able to tune the plates to fall with the 9mm round's force. Some plates aren't adjustable though. Was shooting with a guy locally who had a 1911 and he'd drop them in one shot of course, things straight on would fall for me easily, but shots at an angle of some sort would deflect the force and not let the targets fall.

Shooting steel is one of the funnest things I've done though.

Josh

jhearne

Buckeye
You get a physical reaction from the targets, you can do mini events if your shooting with someone. I just had fun doing it as opposed to simply punching holes in paper.

Josh

Mike J

Hunter
I really hope that if Ruger does come out with a SR40 they actually design the gun around the cartridge. Not just change the barrel/chamber etc.

railroader

Single-Sixer
Shooting steel is a blast. Here in so cal they have "Steel Madness" matches. All the targets are steel that either fall over or fall down. It is like 5 or six different stages with a total of about 150 targets. Nothing like running and gunning at steel. Here's a bunch of videos on you tube. http://www.youtube.com/results?search_q ... ness+&aq=f Mark

A

Anonymous

Does anyone know where I could buy those setups that have 3 or more plates that swing up when you shoot them then, automatically resets?

NixieTube

Blackhawk
If they make it, I'll consider it.

They'll have to redesign the grip, though -- unless it is a single stack .40.

I am 99 44/100% sure that the wasp-waist at the top of the SR9 grip just beneath the slide will not accomodate a double-stack .40 caliber magazine without something very clever being done, widening the grip/frame at that point, or both.

I'd like to see it, and believe it or not I'd like to have a metal framed version.

Mike J

Hunter
I don't believe Ruger will ever come out with a new metal framed semi-auto unless it's a 1911 Nixie Tube. Polymer is just too much cheaper & easier to manufacture.

snakespit

Bearcat
They will come out with the SR40 when they Redesign the guts of the SR9. :roll: J/K

Wolverton I am glad you and your SR9 are kicking A%% in ADPA.

Latest posts