How is This for an "Old Army?"

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Tip

Single-Sixer
Joined
Jul 11, 2014
Messages
368
I've been looking for one of these for a while... seems like a good price, to me.

http://www.collectorsfirearms.com/ruger-old-army-pr29319/
 

Tip

Single-Sixer
Joined
Jul 11, 2014
Messages
368
Thanks, Dan.
It just "listed" this afternoon... I pounced on it. From what I've seen, ROAs don't last -at least, not at that price.
 

Tip

Single-Sixer
Joined
Jul 11, 2014
Messages
368
rugerguy said:
...and they are not that far from you, win-win, all around..... :wink:

And yes, I've darkened their doors more than once. :D

96eyy9.jpg

Pictures Posted Since Link Now Disabled

2v9aplf.jpg


25pjy9w.jpg


24wevjk.jpg
 

Tip

Single-Sixer
Joined
Jul 11, 2014
Messages
368
Big Old Boy said:
I just sold mine for $400 it was blue not as nice as yours good for you great deal.

Thanks for the feedback.
Even without a first-hand inspection, I believe it is a safe bet at $395. :D
 

Tip

Single-Sixer
Joined
Jul 11, 2014
Messages
368
Poco Oso said:
Beautiful OA and a fantastic deal.
Thanks, Steve.
I look forward to shooting it... I've always liked the idea of black powder shooting. Now, I'll get to experience it, for myself.
 

Poco Oso

Buckeye
Joined
Jan 31, 2012
Messages
1,970
Smoke, fire and a big boom! What's not to like? I have a Pietta 1851 Navy reproduction revolver in .44 cal. and my wife and I still have our muzzle loading rifles. Hers in .50 and mine in .54 cal. We used to compete and hunt with them years ago. Front stuffers are a lot of fun. :mrgreen:
 

Armybrat

Blackhawk
Joined
Feb 22, 2007
Messages
978
Beautiful gun, Tip! Love Rugers.

First time I walked into Collectors 7 years ago, a Colt Texas Sesquicentennial .45 followed me back to Brushy Creek. :D
 

Tip

Single-Sixer
Joined
Jul 11, 2014
Messages
368
Armybrat said:
Beautiful gun, Tip! Love Rugers.
First time I walked into Collectors 7 years ago, a Colt Texas Sesquicentennial .45 followed me back to Brushy Creek. :D
Thank you!
My first venture was only about 2 years ago. I got my 1960 4-digit SBH there -& was very happy with that deal, as well.
Collectorsfirearms has Given Me a Couple of Good Deals :D
 

rgp375

Bearcat
Joined
Mar 15, 2014
Messages
49
I was once in Houston for a couple of years when growing up and my mother took me into Collector's a few times.

One occasion in there they had a broadsword and shield they thought was a movie prop and they were trying to place a value on it. My momma was a gorgeous brainiac with a PhD and everybody including me almost had a heart attack when she read the writing on that shield and told them what it said and that it dated to the time of the Holy Roman Empire.
 

Rclark

Hunter
Joined
Jan 1, 2009
Messages
3,248
You'll like it. Shooting the Old Army revolvers is a lot of fun. You'll have to tell us how it shoots :D . It's one of those things that you need to 'experience' :) not to be told about ;) .
 

Tip

Single-Sixer
Joined
Jul 11, 2014
Messages
368
Rclark said:
You'll like it... It's one of those things that you need to 'experience' :) not to be told about ;) .

I think you probably hit the nail on the head, in that statement. I'll certainly give a range report! :D
 

Armybrat

Blackhawk
Joined
Feb 22, 2007
Messages
978
Those wood grips are nice, but that sweet stainless gun is beggin' for some of those Ruger plastic "ivories":

ruger-blackpowder-ii.jpg_thumbnail0.jpg
 

Rclark

Hunter
Joined
Jan 1, 2009
Messages
3,248
My stainless fixed sighted ROA has the white plastic grips ... Much prefer the wood grips that are on my other ROAs :) . Isn't it nice to have options :D .
 

Tip

Single-Sixer
Joined
Jul 11, 2014
Messages
368
Armybrat said:
Those wood grips are nice, but that sweet stainless gun is beggin' for some of those Ruger plastic "ivories":

ruger-blackpowder-ii.jpg_thumbnail0.jpg

As a matter of fact neighbor,* I've been pondering getting different grips. I should visually inspect the gun and complete the transaction, first, of course.

That's a fine example you have, there.
(I'll PM you later to learn about a good local BP range.)

*Armybrat & I just discovered we live about a mile, or less, from each other.
 

Tip

Single-Sixer
Joined
Jul 11, 2014
Messages
368
gramps said:
Nah, not plastic! How about Holly instead?
gramps

I like wood, as well Gramps.
Then again, some type of antler or horn would be dandy, too!

2weceog.jpg

Maybe, It's time to trade / sell my SBH Sambars... (?)
 

Armybrat

Blackhawk
Joined
Feb 22, 2007
Messages
978
Tip said:
Armybrat said:
Those wood grips are nice, but that sweet stainless gun is beggin' for some of those Ruger plastic "ivories":

ruger-blackpowder-ii.jpg_thumbnail0.jpg

As a matter of fact neighbor,* I've been pondering getting different grips. I should visually inspect the gun and complete the transaction, first, of course.

That's a fine example you have, there.
(I'll PM you later to learn about a good local BP range.)

*Armybrat & I just discovered we live about a mile, or less, from each other.
The example in the picture is not mine - I don't have an Old Army.
 

Latest posts

Top