How do you guys feel about OC meets?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

ConradM

Blackhawk
Some locals here are planning one for next saturday... I 'll probably attend just to meet other OCers... But do you think it's good or bad for OCers?

MountainGator

Single-Sixer
I think that depends on where you are located. I'm here in Montana, and OC is ABSOLUTELY no big thing. However, If I was back in FL (where OC is Illegal except for some "rare" circumstances) then it would be a Really Big Thing (imho).
Where are you Located?

ConradM

Blackhawk
Boise. Generally I don't think it's a big deal here. But we do have a lot of commifornians migrating in all the time :lol:

welder

Buckeye
There is a movement I hear in KY somewhere. A co-worker is really big on OC. It is quite legal here and you see it from time to time, but not to often. The guy at work says we need to exercise the right or else we will lose it? I guess I tend to agree, but prefer to ccw. To answer your question, here I don't think it would matter. Probably be alot of fun.

Swampbilly

Single-Sixer
Legal in both North Carolina and Virginia, but not seen too much. Generally, I'll spot 2 or 3 open carrying at local gun shows. I live in South Carolina now...OC is not legal here.

I know a guy in Virginia who'll OC when riding his motorcycle. He said he's noticed other motorists notice it and he spots them start dialing their cell phones. Likely calling police...only to be told he is not breaking the law - I love it.

MD

Mike J

Hunter
Open Carry is legal in Georgia if you have a Georgia Firearms License & I do see if once in a while but not often. However an OC Meet would be illegal here because it is illegal to carry at a public gathering. I really don't like my home states firearms laws. It is very easy to break the law here if you aren't paying close attention. I prefer concealed-less hassle.

MountainGator

Single-Sixer
Mike J":hk4rlmvw said:
Open Carry is legal in Georgia if you have a Georgia Firearms License & I do see if once in a while but not often. However an OC Meet would be illegal here because it is illegal to carry at a public gathering. I really don't like my home states firearms laws. It is very easy to break the law here if you aren't paying close attention. I prefer concealed-less hassle.
Is it a Georgia Firearms License or a Licesne Recognized by GA?? Not thying to be picky, but I have both a MT CWP and FL CHL, both recognized by GA for CCW. Does that mean that I can also OC (as long as it's not at a public gathering? ;)

ConradM

Blackhawk
Here in Boise there is no requirement to OC. Which is why I did it before I got my CCW.

hittman":1fsov37x said:
Open carry, Concealed carry, we can only dream.

ANY carry is the goal here in Illinois!

Good luck guys! I hope you guys get it soon. At least carry gives you options. How did Illions lose carry options in the first place?

Mike J

Hunter
I would think if you have a license recognized by Georgia you would be fine Mountain Gator. The reason I wrote it the way I did is because in Georgia you are limited to carrying on your own property, in your vehicle , at your place of business (if you own it or have permission of the owner) without a license. The best place I know of for info on Georgias firearms laws is www.georgiapacking.org

sparks701

Bearcat
hittman":1t0071xs said:
DA_TriggR4Ruger":1t0071xs said:
How did Illions lose carry options in the first place?

I really don't know. Moved here in 1980 and don't recall it ever being "legal" ~~ although the 2nd Amendment, etc...........

My money is on Chicago being the root of most evil in Illinois.
I've been here my whole life (36 years) and I don't think it has ever been legal to carry, in my life time at least. sucks.

MountainGator

Single-Sixer
hittman":i2hhb7qa said:
DA_TriggR4Ruger":i2hhb7qa said:
How did Illions lose carry options in the first place?

I really don't know. Moved here in 1980 and don't recall it ever being "legal" ~~ although the 2nd Amendment, etc...........

My money is on Chicago being the root of most evil in Illinois.

Which is why I litterly "go out of my way" NOT to drive through Ill. I wonder how many others do the same thing? I wonder how many Million dollars /year it is costing the Ill economy? Good Luck in getting your rights back.

MountainGator

Single-Sixer
Mike J":3cxag0qa said:
I would think if you have a license recognized by Georgia you would be fine Mountain Gator. The reason I wrote it the way I did is because in Georgia you are limited to carrying on your own property, in your vehicle , at your place of business (if you own it or have permission of the owner) without a license. The best place I know of for info on Georgias firearms laws is www.georgiapacking.org
Thanks Mike,
like I said, wasn't trying to be picky (or to be critical) of your choice of words. I "ASSUMED" that OC would be valid with any CHL/CWP that GA recognizes, but then I was asking that maybe they were reserving that "Privledge" only to GA residents. Yep, I'll go chack out www.georgiapacking.org if we decide to travel "up north" this fall (when we're in FL).

Jumping Frog

Bearcat
ArmedinAZ":2f2ni3mc said:
ConradM":2f2ni3mc said:
ArmedinAZ":2f2ni3mc said:
Don't know what OC is :oops:
Open carrying. :D
DUH. Not uncommon here in northern Az.
Common enough in Tuscon, I guess.

Here was a guy at today's Obama Health Care meeting:
bj2q.jpg

iwfl.jpg

7m0t.jpg

nnts.jpg

A man, who decided not to give his name, was walking around the pro-health care reform rally at 3rd and Washington streets, with a Glock on his hip, and an AR-15 over his shoulder.

"Because I can do it," he said when asked why he was armed. "In Arizona, I still have some freedoms."

Two police officers were staying very close to the man.

"What he is doing is perfectly legal," Detective J. Oliver, of the Phoenix police department said. "We are here to keep the peace. If we need to intervene, we will intervene at that time."

Article at: http://www.azcentral.com/community/phoenix/articles/2009/08/17/20090817obama-scene.html

I especially like the AR mag in the left rear pocket -- that is a nice touch!

As far as open carry, it has always been legal in Ohio. However, it has become uncommon in urban areas. The OC movement is very active these days in my state. I often OC in my daily life, helps get the sheeple used to the concept.

mekender

Single-Sixer
I open carry fairly often in the rural areas of NC... not so much in the city...