Hornady V-Max .224 53 gr boat tail bullets ...

Help Support Ruger Forum:

John E Davies

Single-Sixer
... has anybody used them yet in a bolt action rifle? It's the same bullet that Hornady loads into its Superperformance Varmint ammo.

I am going to order a couple of boxes to try in my CZ 527 Varmint (1 in 9 twist).

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/?productNumber=356967

Has anyone seen any reloading data? Or should I just split the difference between the 50 and 55 gr V-Max bullets data? Any links to 53 grain reloading data would be most welcome!

Thanks.

John Davies
Spokane WA

John E Davies

Single-Sixer
158 views and no comments. Hmmm. Just to get this topic back on the front page .... these boolits are now in stock at MidwayUSA - for a day or two, maybe! - and you can order some if you hurry: click the link above.

These are really hard to find, so if you have any interest at all, I suggest you order a box. I haven't seen them on the shelf in any gun store, including Cabelas and Wholesale Sports. I have two boxes coming from Midway.

From what I have read, I should be able to easily work up a 1/2 MOA or better load for my CZ 527 Varmint.

John Davies
Spokane WA

gunners

Single-Sixer
I tried to get some for my 22-250 but supply is a real big issue over here the store said they had some so I drove into the city only to find no they didn't. If you want some load data try ammoguide.I won't be developing a load for it till supply is more consistant. I know where you are coming from on paper it looks fantastic