Hoping to be more active

Help Support Ruger Forum:

MalteseHoss

Bearcat
I've been a member for some time but haven't been contributing much. Since getting the daily emails with recent posts I feel like this is a place to be more a part of.
My first purchased gun was a Ruger GP100 20+ years ago. Other than hunting, guns were just a cursory interest for me. I shot competition 4 position as a kid, and qualified Distinguished Expert which helped me qualify expert in Coast Guard boot camp. Fast forward a few years and I took a part time job in a gun shop which gave me more of an education in all things gun. One of the old timer regulars in the shop was a big Ruger fan and I always noticed the sparkle in his eye every time he saw one. After he passed his collection was sold to the shop along with the book "Ruger and His Guns". I inherited the book and hung on every word of it. I was bit by the bug and now have an unhealthy obsession of collecting them. I just picked up number 28 yesterday. I am by no means an expert but everyone at the shop refers to me as "the Ruger guy". There are higher end and maybe more collectible guns out there, but I have a thing for well built and affordable.

welcome from NE Ohio , home of "The Rugerguy" heck I even owned the rugerguy.com site for many years but since being retired for the last 20 years did NOT put it to any use, other than an email forwarding service,,,,duh,,,all the kids and friends who said they would help "set things up" never even showed up.......ha ha glad to have you on board, enjoy.............;):cool:

I even still have and use a 'flip phone'.........:rolleyes: