Hope everyone had a happy "Ruger Day!"

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Mapledown

Bearcat
Joined
Aug 21, 2017
Messages
46
https://www.americanrifleman.org/articles/2017/10/20/celebrate-ruger-day-1022/

I didn't know this was a thing before reading the article, but what the heck! I don't need a lot of extra reasons to go to the range.

This year, my celebration also included going to the Tampa gun show. Saw everything I wanted to see and kept my money (mostly) in the bank. I gave myself permission to buy the big tub of 1400 Remington 22 Golden Bullets ($74.99 no shipping!) ... since I was celebrating, after all... Saved me enough to pay for parking and the ticket to get into the show, and even a beer afterwards!

Also apropos of Ruger Day, I am enjoying a new SR22 pistol to add to the 22 caliber Ruger fun.
https://backontherange.wordpress.com/2017/10/23/new-sr22-pistol/

My other notable cause for celebration this week is completing the NRA safety class for my concealed carry permit. (Although we shot Glock 19s in the class... no Rugers that day)

I learned a lot. Never hurts to review the basics, that's for sure. There's always something that comes up that can help counter a bad habit or false presumption. Highly recommended, says me!

Shot 30 rounds through three ten-shot drills at the end of the class, and wound up with this result over a 4" target circle:
https://backontherange.files.wordpress.com/2017/10/img_1557.jpg

Better than I expected. (though, it was only 3 yards)

On Ruger day, I went to the range and shot this page of targets - also 30 rounds each so I could compare with my results from the class, and from the same distance - and saw I was much more accurate with the SR22. Not really surprising, given my practice with the 22 and having to adjust to the new experience of shooting 9mm and the somewhat different manual of arms with the Glock 19.

Each outer circle is 4" diameter, and the inner white circle is 2" diameter.
https://backontherange.files.wordpress.com/2017/10/img_1560.jpg

Best group of the day was just over one inch !
https://backontherange.files.wordpress.com/2017/10/img_e1562.jpg

I'd be happy to share the PDF file of the target, if anybody would like to print targets for their own use.
 

Colonialgirl

Hawkeye
Joined
Dec 7, 2008
Messages
7,580
Mapledown said:
https://www.americanrifleman.org/articles/2017/10/20/celebrate-ruger-day-1022/

I didn't know this was a thing before reading the article, but what the heck! I don't need a lot of extra reasons to go to the range.

This year, my celebration also included going to the Tampa gun show. Saw everything I wanted to see and kept my money (mostly) in the bank. I gave myself permission to buy the big tub of 1400 Remington 22 Golden Bullets ($74.99 no shipping!) ... since I was celebrating, after all... Saved me enough to pay for parking and the ticket to get into the show, and even a beer afterwards!

Also apropos of Ruger Day, I am enjoying a new SR22 pistol to add to the 22 caliber Ruger fun.
https://backontherange.wordpress.com/2017/10/23/new-sr22-pistol/

My other notable cause for celebration this week is completing the NRA safety class for my concealed carry permit. (Although we shot Glock 19s in the class... no Rugers that day)

I learned a lot. Never hurts to review the basics, that's for sure. There's always something that comes up that can help counter a bad habit or false presumption. Highly recommended, says me!

Shot 30 rounds through three ten-shot drills at the end of the class, and wound up with this result over a 4" target circle:
https://backontherange.files.wordpress.com/2017/10/img_1557.jpg

Better than I expected. (though, it was only 3 yards)

On Ruger day, I went to the range and shot this page of targets - also 30 rounds each so I could compare with my results from the class, and from the same distance - and saw I was much more accurate with the SR22. Not really surprising, given my practice with the 22 and having to adjust to the new experience of shooting 9mm and the somewhat different manual of arms with the Glock 19.

Each outer circle is 4" diameter, and the inner white circle is 2" diameter.
https://backontherange.files.wordpress.com/2017/10/img_1560.jpg

Best group of the day was just over one inch !
https://backontherange.files.wordpress.com/2017/10/img_e1562.jpg

I'd be happy to share the PDF file of the target, if anybody would like to print targets for their own use.

Dang; If I'd a knowed maybe we could have made arrangements to meet and share a cuppa coffee (I didn't attend, no money to spend !!)
 

Mapledown

Bearcat
Joined
Aug 21, 2017
Messages
46
Colonialgirl said:
Dang; If I'd a knowed maybe we could have made arrangements to meet and share a cuppa coffee (I didn't attend, no money to spend !!)

Roger that ColonialGirl! Next time I'll post something in advance in case locals want to meet up. Good suggestion! I'm sorry I didn't think of it last week!
 

Mapledown

Bearcat
Joined
Aug 21, 2017
Messages
46
Jimbo357mag said:
Ruger day 10-22 how appropriate. I never knew. :D :D

Hah! I know!

Btw, one of the guns I was scouting was a GP100, and I found a model 1705 for sale at the show. Never had a chance to see one in person before. What a piece of metal. Beautiful!

Is that what you're shooting? (or one of...?)
 

Mapledown

Bearcat
Joined
Aug 21, 2017
Messages
46
Galaxiedan said:
I spent the day with my son shooting the 10/22's and mark III 22/45.

Sounds like y'all were right on point!

Can't beat a father/son day at the range! Do you guys have an LGS where you shoot or a range at home?

Are you considering the Appleseed competition, or have one/both of you already qualified?
 

Galaxiedan

Blackhawk
Joined
Jan 14, 2011
Messages
825
Mapledown said:
Galaxiedan said:
I spent the day with my son shooting the 10/22's and mark III 22/45.

Sounds like y'all were right on point!

Can't beat a father/son day at the range! Do you guys have an LGS where you shoot or a range at home?

Are you considering the Appleseed competition, or have one/both of you already qualified?


We shoot at my home range, never looked into the appleseed competition.
 

Latest posts

Top