Home on the range

Help Support Ruger Forum:

GaSidewinder

Bearcat
I was off Wednesday so decided to ride out to a Forest Service range and do a little shooting. I have to confess, I didn't carry a Ruger this time but took my 03 Springfield 30-06, Glock 23, Kahr PM45, keltec P3AT and an old Winchester model 67 single shot. Got out there and a couple of guys I was acquainted with were shooting a Blackhawk .357. I had set up a large caliber spinning target at 30 yards and let the guys with the Blackhawk shoot it. They emptied several cylinders only occasionally nicking it. One of them looked over at me and said that the gun couldn't hit the broad side of a barn. I asked him if I could try it. He handed it to me and I fired at the 4" steel circles and hit them the first 5 out of six shots. When I handed the gun back he said that I really embarrassed him as I had never shot the gun before. He asked me to show him the sight picture I used and after doing so he hit the target 3 or 4 times out of 6.

Had a great day shooting. From about 1:00pm until 5:30 - right at 500 rounds total - mostly reloads.

Rainman

Blackhawk
If your NFS ranges are like the two over here on this side of the state, you have to wait forever for a chance to shoot all year long, not just now before deer season. Folks from Atlanta have discovered them.

Good shooting BTW and welcome to the Forum. A bunch of great folks to spend time with talking and learning about our favorite guns.

Dan

americal

Hunter
Kinda fun was it not :D A friend of mine is a crain operator and RUGER collector and shooter. A guy brought a super blackhawk to work site at A quarry, he was talking A big game just bought the gun :? made big statement :!: can any of YA'LL handle this monster :p this was back in 1980's not A word was said--- finally my buddy said yea i'll give it a try he picked out a rock some distance away about the size of soft ball :) he said I just aimed in front about inch but really tightened up total consentration :twisted: boom :!: :!: rock was gone :lol: guy snatched it away and didn't say a word --my buddy said nothing everybody else started laughing.

GaSidewinder

Bearcat
Some years ago I was over at a friends house and he and another guy pulled out their deer rifles and scopes and proceeded to check their zero. they were shooting at somewhere between 60 -75 yards. they both fired and I pulled out a tiny NA arms 22 mag and said I was going to give it try. I fired at the same target as they did and we all walked up and the bullet hole closest to the bullseye was a little bitty tiny hole. They were shocked -

I didn't let on to them but it was a pure fluke.

I consider myself a handgunner but I wouldn't have bet 50 cents that I could have done it again.

It does make a good story.

GaSidewinder":3ea0qwyc said:
When I handed the gun back he said that I really embarrassed him as I had never shot the gun before. He asked me to show him the sight picture I used and after doing so he hit the target 3 or 4 times out of 6.

Good for you, for helping a fellow shooter get "on the right track."

As much as I enjoy spinners, etc., sometimes there's just no substitute for a paper target so you can see where your shots are actually going! :p