Home invasion shown on Jesse Waters' show

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Swampbilly_2

Bearcat
There is something I have always wondered....and that is the complete willingness of most people to open their door to most anyone who knocks on it. My first level of home security......I hear a knock on the door...I look to the driveway (don't recognize the vehicle if one is there)...next, peek out to see who is knocking (don't recognize this person either).
DOOR REMAINS CLOSED....

Should they then decide to breech my door...they meet quickly deployed home security, Level 2.

toysoldier

Hunter
I replaced the hollow-core front door with a salvaged solid-core door (90 pounds of wood) with steel-strap reinforcement over the inletting for the latch and deadbolt, as well as the frame. The back door was a half-glass style, with multiple small panes that my wife had broken out twice after locking herself out. I assembled a door of 2x4s, cross-braced and reinforced with threaded rods to hold it together. It only weighs 60 pounds.

powder smoke

Hawkeye
Never had to point a gun at another human and hope I never have to.
I have home defense weapon on the ready one never knows! ps

kmoore

Buckeye
What the media never or rarely mentions is did the victim or police later determine WHY was the home was targeted. That's the rest of the story. About only the cops hear that. Why was that house picked out and not others. Normally (means not always) when the facts are known the home was targeted( not in order), by mistake, suspect knew they had money or valuables, thought no one was home, a drug house. Random has happened but not much. They are normally preplanned events done so for a predicted gain. Just by limiting your risk is a big factor, don't let it be known you have a gun collection, valuables, a lot of cash kept in the home in a safe or not. Even grandkids or their gang buddies have committed these crimes when they know what they can steal. Unfortunate that grandkids have done this to their own grandparents, but yes it happens.
Many more attacks happen in public vs your home. Why would that be. Well, one is your domain the other is theirs. Be prepared, have a plan, but likely it will never happen unless your fall into a high risk category. In Oregon after the MJ stores opened and crooks all knew its a cash business, guess what has followed. An uptick in burglaries and robberies at the business, but also homes of the owners being hit. How would the crooks know where they live, employees and family mostly.

Bear Paw Jack

Hawkeye
I will add another motivation to have your house "hit" and that is when people notice older folks (who are considered vulnerable and an easier victim) whether they are coming out of the grocery store (or any store) and follow you home, or they are driving around scoping out potential homes that might be an easier target. Maybe homes they perceive as only being lived in by females at best or at least an older couple. I know very few "older folks" that are frequently armed. I think many believe that they have never been a victim chances of being one are very slim. And they would be correct. Having said that, slim doesn't mean it can't happen. Many of the folks on this forum are "older" hence potential victims. Add to that the ones that are slower moving, or have to use a cane, do appear to be an easier target. I'm a pretty big guy and don't consider myself to be vulnerable as a target but the fact is I don't move as fast as I used to. I don't kid myself, I will use anything handy to give myself an edge and that include having a firearm. ........................

Latest posts