Holsters for LCR???

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Rafsob

Single-Sixer
Is anyone of the holster companies making an LCR holster yet? All my J-frame holsters don't fit my LCR. The trigger guard is too big on the LCR.

Tried to do a search, but the engine didn't help me any!!!

chuck_in_texas

Bearcat
If you want a pocket holster (and that's the way I carry my own LCR) take a look at the Blackhawk Pocket holster. (About $12 to $14 bucks at Bass Pro Shops, and same on-line)

The Size 3 is marked for "small 2" barrel revolvers" but it DOES NOT fit the LCR. The BH website says to use a Size 4, for "compact 9mm semi-autos".

I took the Size 3 back and exchanged it for a Size 4 - - - - perfect fit.

Seems that some of the pocket holsters that fit pieces like the S&W J frame don't fit the LCR well because of the slight swelling of the body behind the cylinder and the shape of the trigger guard.

BTW, BHawk is the only pocket manufacturer (other than DeSantis) that clearly labels one size for the LCR.

alan0269

Bearcat
Many of the SP-101 holsters will fit the LCR. I know that the Desantis Nemisis is the same one for both as I just bought one yesterday for my LCR and it lists both on the package, and the salesman at the shop I was at (I trust him as he knows what he is talking about and I've dealt with him for years) said that they have tried other hoslters made for the SP-101 w/ an LCR before and most of them were fine - he did say one was a little loose for his liking in the barrel area, but he couldn't remember which one at the time and didn't have a SP on hand to see if it was loose also.

kkramer673

Bearcat
I received my Simply Rugged small pancake holster yesterday and it fits my LCR perfectly. I got the straps so that I can use it as a belt holster or an IWB holster. Very reasonably priced @$55 + $10 for the straps, and I received it only two weeks after placing the order.

Yosemite Sam

Hunter
kkramer673":rhkg2dyw said:
I received my Simply Rugged small pancake holster yesterday and it fits my LCR perfectly. I got the straps so that I can use it as a belt holster or an IWB holster. Very reasonably priced @$55 + $10 for the straps, and I received it only two weeks after placing the order.
Rob must've had a busy week, as I got mine yesterday too, though mine is for a different gun.

Exceptionally nice work and fast service. IMO the pictures on his site don't do the actual holsters justice.

-- Sam

eyedawg2020

Bearcat
Either the BlackHawk size 4 pocket holster or Size 0 in the waistband holster will fit with good results. I own one of each for my two LCRs.