Holster suggestions for Redhawk & Blackhawk

Help Support Ruger Forum:

e606

Bearcat
I just acquired a 7.5" Redhawk and I am looking for some suggestions for a holster, not at the high end.
Also I have a 50th 357 coming and like wise looking for something reasonable there.
Grips also.
Thanks

azrugershooter

Single-Sixer
I have 3 different length Bianchi 1L "lawman" for my different Blackhawks/ Super blackhawks, As for the Redhawk Bianchi makes the 5bhl for the 5 1/2 and 7 1/2 and the 111 "cyclone" for a the 7 1/2.

batmann

Single-Sixer
Either Simply Rugged or Galco DAO should do the job for your Rehawk. The Simply Rugged is more of a concealment type holster and the Galco DAO is more of a fiels type holster. Both are excellent designs.

RonEgg

Blackhawk
I use my Simply Rugged pancake for carrying both a Redhawk and Blackhawk. And I use it for the field. The only thing exposed with the pancake is the grip, nothing to catch on and quick to get into action. And lastly Rob is great to work with.

Oh Shoot

Bearcat
don44":1w7l5a30 said:
Ruger does make some nice holsters for these revolvers.

Well, Ruger doesn't make them, you know.
They're Galco, Triple K, etc.

- OS

Rainman

Blackhawk
I have the Bianchi 111 Cyclone for my 5.5" Redhawk that came with the package when I bought it. It's a great holster for belt carry but the Simply Rugged Sourdough used in a chest carry position is the best I have found. You can carry a loaded backpack, rifle, or whatever and still have the revolver at the ready.

Rob makes a simple but high quality product that really works.

Dan

hittman

Staff member
Rob at Simply Rugged does make great holsters if you're looking for something brand new.

My 5.5" Redhawk wears an older Safety Speed N Frame holster I bought from a guy on eBay. His user name is usamike99 and I've had excellent results with him. Many (maybe all?) N-Frame holsters will fit a Redhawk.

joeyd

Bearcat
Forum member Reuben Cogburn at Alaska leatherworks make a great holster he just made me a 120 his versoin of the threepersons its a great piece of work and great value for money. i think if you look under auctoins reccurring you'll find a link to his page. you wont regret it. I also have a few simply rugged you cant go wrong either way.
joe