Holster... on the cheap.

Help Support Ruger Forum:

raw6464

Bearcat
The Crosman Airpistol Holster at Wallymarts for around $6 fits many semiauto pistols. Fit's two of my semiauto's (none Ruger) like a glove but I'm sure it will fit some Ruger semiautos. You'll be suprised how well made it is and for the price makes a great knock around holster. Google it for pix.

talldrink

Bearcat
Funny you post this, because I just picked one up a couple of days ago. I was a bit leery about it, but I figured I could take it back if I didn't think that it would work out. It fits my SR9 perfectly and the extra magazine pouch is a great fit. My only use will be at our outdoor range and plinking on our land. I would say it is definitely not a all day, every day carry holster.

ConradM

Blackhawk
I used and uncle mikes nylon holster for a while that's very similar to that.

talldrink

Bearcat
Hell, I didn't have anything better to do tonight, so.... here is a pic. :mrgreen:

IMG_3185.jpg

ConradM

Blackhawk
talldrink":1f3bfdt2 said:
Hell, I didn't have anything better to do tonight, so.... here is a pic. :mrgreen:

IMG_3185.jpg

I would just be concerned about having to use 2 fingers to un-snap before drawing. Would make for a very slow draw.

btrumanj

Single-Sixer
I have that holster for a soft air pistol. After reading your post, I tried it with my old P85 and it fits so it would also fit some other P series pistols. Maybe not a good concealment holster but for knocking around, maybe hiking, it looks to me like it would work pretty good and the price is sure right.
Of course some here will probably rant about cheap holsters:)

talldrink

Bearcat

I would just be concerned about having to use 2 fingers to un-snap before drawing. Would make for a very slow draw.[/quote]

That rivet is actually a button that you can scoop with one finger. But yes, I agree that it would still be difficult to draw quickly. The strap would still be in the way. It's only good for the basic function as a holster, so you don't have to set your gun down when you need to use both hands.

Joker

Bearcat
Thanks for the heads up guys. I got 2 of them today after reading this tread. It fits my P95 and the wife's Bersa Thunder .380 perfect. Not bad at all for 14 bucks, now both of our pistols have homes. :D

Spikess

Bearcat
Joker":kqlxynf7 said:
Thanks for the heads up guys. I got 2 of them today after reading this tread. It fits my P95 and the wife's Bersa Thunder .380 perfect. Not bad at all for 14 bucks, now both of our pistols have homes. :D

I have two also. One for my P95 and one for my S&W 4006. Both fit perfectly.

raw6464

Bearcat
Concerning the strap and draw issue. If I was going to use this as a CCW I would cut off the strap altogether. My guns sit so down low and tight in the holster the strap is really not needed, but that's just me.

But you know, they're so cheap I wouldn't heistate to modify one... like replacing the plastic snaps with some sort of Velcro you could hot glue on... just a thought.

ConradM

Blackhawk
raw6464":3bshi85p said:
Concerning the strap and draw issue. If I was going to use this as a CCW I would cut off the strap altogether. My guns sit so down low and tight in the holster the strap is really not needed, but that's just me.

Bot you know, they're so cheap I wouldn't heistate to modify one... like replacing the plastic snaps with some sort of Velcro you could hot glue on... just a thought.

That's what I did with my uncle mikes nylon.

JimEG

Bearcat
If you are looking for an inexpensive CCW holster, I recently purchased an Ace Tuckable IWB holster for my P90. It only cost around $16.50 including S&H, from Cheaper than Dirt. It works just fine and I think that it is a really good value for the price. I got the left handed model # ZAA-854.

waynejitsu

Single-Sixer
Those would make a great holster for protecting the gun under a car seat, in a tackle box, stacking guns in a safe, etc, etc., as well as having the extra clip pouch which can double as a light pouch for a Surefire or a number of other accessories.
While not a CCW holster, at this price, it is still about 300% less than other name holsters of the same style which usually start at $20 (plus shipping or tax)

These would also be great to convert into "bed holsters" or other home concealment holster and "if" you mess one up, no big deal.

I think I will grab one or two next time I see one:)

Howie

Bearcat
I bought one of these last year for my Hi Point C9 and I now use it for my P95. Great deal!

Snake45

Hawkeye
For some years now, I've been using an inexpensive gun-show Bagmaster brand "one size fits all" holster for a range holster for several service-size automatics and even 4" revolvers. It works great and has been well worth the money several times over. Cool thing about it is that it can be configured left or right hand, outside or inside the pants, even straight or crossdraw. Very cool design!