Holster issues

Help Support Ruger Forum:

kg4kpg

Bearcat
I've been searching for a holster (like a Fobus Evolution) for my P95PR and it just isn't happening. I have a nylon Uncle Mikes but it feels like dropping the gun inside a boot, just too roomy. Of course, there are plenty of custom holster shops happy to make one but that's just not in my budget. I read somewhere someone recommended to a guy to get a Fobus for a Springfield XD, anyone else know about the fit? Is the P95PR just not worthy of a nice, store bought fitted holster?? I shoot a combat shoot at my local range a couple times a month and I can tell you my pistol shoots just as good as some of these guys with their Glocks, Colts and Kimbers...some times a lot better. What to do :?: :?:

C'ya,
Chris

Hoosier

Bearcat
For the money, the Fobus holsters are nice. But they are plastic and I'm not sure they would be finish friendly on any handgun which would be a concern to me. I have friends that use them for their daily concealed carry holster under a loose shirt and I was surprized. Most of the complaints I have heard is the difficulty in drawing the handgun from the holster but there are adjustments to help with this.

The Blackhawk Serpa holsters are like Fobus's on steroids but, sorry, they currently don't make one for P95.

Tekman

Bearcat
I went with a Brigade Gunleather holster for my P95DC. I'm sure it'll be nice IF I ever receive it. I wish I had read a bit deeper before ordering because after the fact I found out they are usually backlogged a year or more.. Despite several emails back and forth, I'm beginning to think I got ripped off. Supposedly they are working on orders from Mid march 2008. I ordered mine in may.

langenc

Single-Sixer
Go to ebay and look for the leather holster. I look by mfg name (Bianchi holster)

If left handed there are a nice quantity and not many bidders. Rightys have more holsters and MORE bidders.

jhstancil

Bearcat
Wild Bills...http://www.wildbillsconcealment.com/shop/ makes a great leather holster for the P series. I like the belt models and using a Uncle Mikes instructor gun belt. It holds it tight and well supported on the belt. You can also get the paddle model from them.

contour_m_a.jpg

Beergut

Bearcat
I would like a Fobus for my P-95 w/rail. I called them and the lady I spoke with confirmed that their P-95 paddle holster would not work on the new P-95 and at the time they had no plans to make one. She didn't mention using the XD. So...does anyone out there know if it would work?

kg4kpg

Bearcat
Beergut":17sni4oo said:
I would like a Fobus for my P-95 w/rail. I called them and the lady I spoke with confirmed that their P-95 paddle holster would not work on the new P-95 and at the time they had no plans to make one. She didn't mention using the XD. So...does anyone out there know if it would work?

Local shop here has the XD holster, I'm going to take mine by and check this week. If no luck, I'll probably go ahead and order a custom job from one of the links above. Good luck with yours.

Beergut

Bearcat
kg4kpg":1zzjcyd7 said:
Beergut":1zzjcyd7 said:

Local shop here has the XD holster, I'm going to take mine by and check this week. If no luck, I'll probably go ahead and order a custom job from one of the links above. Good luck with yours.

Please post what you find out..fit or no fit. Thanks

rmansu2

Single-Sixer
They so make a holster for the P95 with a rail. I own it. I belive the number is RU-97

Beergut

Bearcat
rmansu2":1sve1dta said:
They so make a holster for the P95 with a rail. I own it. I belive the number is RU-97

RU-97 is the one in the Ruger catalog that they say doesn't fit the rail. Are you sure thats the right number? Does it fit exactly like it's supposed to fit or did you have to alter it. (Or is it just a "will-do"?) Thanks for the info.

rmansu2

Single-Sixer
It fits absolutely perfect straight out of the package. Snug fit. Yes it is tuff to draw from, but the more you practice the easier it is to do. No mods made to it. I got the one with the 15 degree canter and carry at the 4 o'clock position. The only advice I would give you is the same I would tell anyone else. Wear a proper belt, proper clothing(no running shorts), and keep it tight. NO SAGGY PANTS! I know you guys know better but thats the only thing I have.

I also have the 6909 double mag paddle. everything fits the way it's supposed to.

Beergut

Bearcat
rmansu2":mdeubab6 said:
It fits absolutely perfect straight out of the package. Snug fit. Yes it is tuff to draw from, but the more you practice the easier it is to do. No mods made to it. I got the one with the 15 degree canter and carry at the 4 o'clock position. The only advice I would give you is the same I would tell anyone else. Wear a proper belt, proper clothing(no running shorts), and keep it tight. NO SAGGY PANTS! I know you guys know better but thats the only thing I have.

I also have the 6909 double mag paddle. everything fits the way it's supposed to.

Thanks for the info. I noticed on the Fobus website that under Ruger P-95 they have RU-97 and SP-11. The SP-11 link doesn't work under Ruger but if you look up Springfield XD there it is. I guess thats why a previous poster was given the XD holster recommendation.

rmansu2

Single-Sixer
Serpa is now making a CQC holster that they claim fits the P95 w/rail. $50 but out of stock. I contacted a local shop and if I buy from them and it doesn't fit I get a store credit. Seems to be the best way to test to see if it actually fits. unless someone already has.

Beergut

Bearcat
I just recieved a response from Fobus from an e-mail and it said to use the RU-97 for the older P-95 and the SP-11 for the newer P-95. Yahoo! :D