holster for the SR9c ?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

2dogs

Bearcat
Ok guys (n gals),
I've read through the forum here looking for holster suggestions. I see that a few like the Crossbreed super tuck. and I think I saw that somebody was using a blackhawk that was made for glock 23? But . . .
Any new holsters out there for the "new" SR9c ? ? ?
So far I have been using a DeSantis "Nemesis" sleeve type that you can drop in a pocket ( if you have real big pockets) or tuck in your waistband.
This seems to work pretty well. I've used these for other small to medium handguns and they stay put pretty well and seem to hold the piece securely through most activities. For $20 they are hard to beat. So . . .
again , any other suggestions?

TIA,
2dogs

kscott

Single-Sixer
The crossbreed is awesome! I had it for my sr9 already and it fits the compac just fine because the kydex shell never extended down the slide all the way so it's not like there us a whole bunch of extra kydex on the holster and I can't imagine them making a new supertuck for the sr9c because I don't think they'd change anything.

jhearne

Buckeye
When the SR9 was released, Ruger designed it to fit ANY holster made for the Glock G17. They did this to help customers have the gun readily available to carry with a decent amount of applicable holsters.

I assume they did the same with the SR9c in comparison to the Glock G26. Over time more options will become available, but like kscott mentioned, the Crossbreed will be one that will work as the full SR9 sticks through it so the 9c will fit as well.

Josh

thedrick

Bearcat
SR9c fits really well in a Dion Hume jit 26 beretta 92/96.. ipicked it up for 22 bucks.. I also got a blackhawk serpa for the sr9 for $40, it was a little it was an inch or so long so i cut it on the band saw.

Sonnytoo

Blackhawk
jhearne":1s2e113b said:
I assume they did the same with the SR9c in comparison to the Glock G26. Josh

You are correct, sir. I have a Glock IWB and a Don Hume IWB, both designed for the Glock 26. The front sight of the 9c sticks through the Glock kydex (?) holster by about 1/4", but the front sight is "ramped" so it doesn't show any difficulty or reluctance in the draw.
I like the Glock kydex better than the leather Don Hume. The Glock holster is a tighter fit, and the thinness of the kydex makes the IWB holster much more comfortable and easy to put up with during a full day. The angle of carry is fully adjustable, so I wear it with a FBI tilt.
Here is a post of that Glock holster. I am unable to find any model numbers or other identifying marks or letters on it. I cannot envision a holster any more comfortable than this one.
You won't find a Glock holster that looks exactly like this one, as I used a knife to slice off some "excess" kydex from under the trigger-guard/barrel area. Then I took a leather loop for the belt and had it sewed at my favorite shoe-repair store. I have a tendency to do this with my holsters.
I started, I believe, with this Glock Sport/Combat holster at the Glock link below and then sorta changed it to the picture that has my G26 in it.

http://www.glock.com/english/index_acc.htm

G26andmodifiedholster1.jpg

You could just wear the Glock holster without modifying it, if you wished. But it looks like the gun won't have any butt-forward cant, plus the gun will sit higher above the belt than I like. Cheap way to go, though.

This Blade-Tech holster, below, looks really nice to me.

http://www.blade-tech.com/IWB-Razor-Ser ... uct_images

Sonny

offshorebear

Bearcat
I use a Kholster for the SR9c. They are the same style as crossbreed but on sale for $39 shipped for the next day or two...

Sideways

Bearcat
I have a custom leather "belt slide" type holster being built for my SR9c. It'll probabaly be 2 or 3 weeks until it's done but I plan to post some info and pictures once it gets here.

Just FYI if someone is looking for leather rather than Kydex.

CBennett

Single-Sixer
jhearne":1g18rf9r said:
When the SR9 was released, Ruger designed it to fit ANY holster made for the Glock G17. They did this to help customers have the gun readily available to carry with a decent amount of applicable holsters.

I assume they did the same with the SR9c in comparison to the Glock G26. Over time more options will become available, but like kscott mentioned, the Crossbreed will be one that will work as the full SR9 sticks through it so the 9c will fit as well.

Josh

It will fit in SOME but not all...and its not a "exact" match...for instance it does not come close to fitting in my Fobus OWB paddle holster that I used for the range with my Glock 23. I mean wont even start to go in....but it DID fit bit not great in my RM Kydex IWB holster...it didnt have the "click in" retention that it did with the Glock 23...now im sure since it was pretty close in the Kydex ones that in a leather one being more shapable/soft(compared to rigid kydex) forgiving that it would fit fine....but id debate if the Glock 26/27 or the Glock 19/23 holsters would be the better "fit".

CBennett

Single-Sixer
Oh and watch...I dont know if this is just me or typical of the leather/kydex crosses..but I have a Crossbreed and while its comfortable and works..its quite a LARGE holster about the footprint of 3 "regular" size holsters wide because of the backing..and what I found was that with some of my jeans and shorts that I honestly cant wear them with the Crossbreed because it makes them too tight...I can barely get them buckled and they are uncomfortable...so id say out of 6-7 pairs of CC pants I have I can wear about 3 comfortably with the Crossbreed and the other 3-4 I cant wear with them...but I can wear ALL of them comfortably with a "regular" size holster in leather or Kydex.

Latest posts