Holster for Ruger P95

Help Support Ruger Forum:

acarroline

Bearcat
I am a proud new owner of a Ruger KP95. My first pistol, and my wife and I have already put about 150 rounds through it and are really enjoying the unit.

I am interested in finding some type of holster for this pistol. I do not plan to conceal and carry, just want something that I can where and have the pistol & extra magazine handy while hunting, target shooting, etc...

What types of holsters that can be clipped on a belt are available and recommended? Also, what types of shoulder style holsters are availabel and recommended.

Anyone with experience recommend a shoulder holster or belt holster for what my intention is with this pistol?

Swampbilly

Single-Sixer
I have the Galco "Cop Series II" holster for my P-345 and like it.
It's actually made for the Ruger "P-series" pistols, so should also be OK for the P-95. You could double-check with Galco.

Regards,

MD

rmansu2

Single-Sixer
i have an uncle mike's nylon and Fobus RU-97. I carry in my fobus most of the time. I use the uncle mike's for IWB conceal carry.

Suburbbus

Bearcat
Question: Does it have the rails for the accessories? If so, be careful trying at least the Fobus that just list the P95. I tried them at two different places and the gun snapped right in, but the problem was that I almost never got it out. I thought that I would break the holster in half before it finally came out. I went to Bass Pro and their guys did the same thing and had the same problem.

I ended up buying a Fobus model SP11 which is listed for the 345, but it fits almost perfectly. Thr trigger cover needs to be about 1/2" longer to cover the entire trigger assembly, but it works just fine for me.

ncvikingfan

Single-Sixer

pistolpete

Single-Sixer
I have a fobus paddle holster. I had to do a lot of sanding/dremel to get it to fit. But now I acually like it. I'd pass on it unless you can acutally try a p95 in it before you buy one. I hear their tolerances are iffy. Some fit great, and some fit like mine.-

Area 51

Bearcat
I have like three of those Crossman holsters for the airsoft handguns that I have and shockingly, the P95 fit in them the the best! Better than the actual airsoft! I was wow-ed :eek:

BuckJM53

Single-Sixer
acarroline ... Congrats on your new P95 (I hope that you enjoy yours as much as I have mine over the last 6,000+ rounds).

Regarding holsters (although it's no longer my primary carry gun) I use a Hume JIT slide for the occasional OWB carry and a Crossbreed supertuck for the occasional IWB carry (also have a nice Galco Cop 3 slot with Ruger logo, which was the original holster that I bought for it).

My favorite is the Hume JIT slide as it is easy to conceal and very easy to draw from (I have one for my P345 and my Springfield 1911 Micro-compact as well). Hope it helps ... Good luck with your decision.

reakin

Single-Sixer
These are nice holsters for general field carry. Not worth a hoot for concealment, but for carrying while hunting or at the range or whatever, they do nicely. It is a Triple K Packer holster for the P95. They also make them for the MKII and any of P-Series pistols.

Gunbroker8032.jpg

reakin

kg4kpg

Bearcat
Light at the end of the tunnel. I got an email from Peggy at Blackhawk today and later this month they will have the Serpa for the P95PR. I as going to get a Fobus but their attitude toward me was that the little extra feature of the rail wasn't important enough to produce a new holster. Heck with them. Here's the message with the holster info:

Hello Mr. Howard,

Our Serpa holster will fit your P95PR and the part number is 410512BK. This is a brand new holster and we hope to have it completed some time this month. I hope this helps and if I can assist you further, please feel free to email or call me.

Best regards,

Peggy

rmansu2

Single-Sixer
The Fobus RU-97 is made for the P95 with the rail. Not sure what they told you, but I own one and it is a snug fit. Love It!

wild_weasel

Single-Sixer
BagMaster makes a couple nice holsters that fit the P95. While not tacticool they are serviceable for general utility carry.

Cheers,
W-W

Suburbbus

Bearcat
I second the Fobus RU-97. I bought one for my P95 it works great. The only thing I wish it did better was cover the trigger. Only a little more than 1/2 to 3/4 coverage, otherwise the gun itself fits perfect.

I think that this is actually made for the P345, but it does work with the P95.

rmansu2

Single-Sixer
Bump.

Looking to see if anyone owns the Blackhawk that is supposedly made for the P95.

benja455

Bearcat
Tactical.com says:

Right- Ruger P95
410512BK-R

4/1/2010

$39.99

So...they won't have them until April. That website used to say February...

Don't hold your breath.

Mr_banjo2

Bearcat
Recently bought an Uncle Mikes IWB holster for my p95. its was 20 bucks from my lgs. I love it. Grips my bent and clothes well and is very easy to draw from an reholster. Its a size 16 and is the comfiest holster ive tried.

Will post pics soon if anyone wants them

I'll offer an alternative for the use you describe. Uncle Mikes #5 with the full flap. While they don't make them anymore, there are quite a few on the shelf priced right because nobody wants them. They protect the pistol and are secure. I don't care for the holsters with the mag holder on them as they just add weight. Look at a mag holder for the opposite side of the body to offset the pistol drag and get one with the flap/strap to secure the mag. Most of the holsters that clip in the belt are pretty crappy, don't hold their shape, and don't hold the pistol securely.