Holster for LCR

Help Support Ruger Forum:

PeteH

Bearcat
Hello,
I just picked up an LCR to use as my carry weapon and was wondering what you folks would recommend for a CC holster?
I am interested in something that would work as both a pocket holster and IWB.

I have also heard that the SP101 holster is a perfect fit for the LCR, can anyone confirm this?

Thanks

The Mitch Rosin at Shop Ruger is a nice OWB holster. I have one for my EDC with the LCR 38.

Simply Rugged makes one that has removable straps for IWB or OWB carry. It only takes a minute to remove or replace the straps. I have 3 Simply Rugged holsters and really like them.

The only holsters I am aware of for pocket and IWB are the suede ones with a belt clip. You would be better off to get one of the above and then get a dedicated pocket holster like DeSantis or Uncle Mikes. Good luck.

rammerjammer

Blackhawk
Another nod here for the Mitch Rosen holster available at shopruger.com

As for compatability between the LCR and the SP101, I have found that holsters for whichever model may kind of work but are not great for retention. I'd recommend getting holsters specific for an SP101 and LCRs.

Alte Schule

Bearcat
Another vote for Mitch Rosin. When the LCRx 3" in .38 Special came out I searched for months to find a decent leather holster but balked at the Mitch Rosin due to the price. As I wanted to put the LCRx in my EDC rotation I ended up buying one and it turned out to be a great purchase. Still a little pricey IMO but it also fits my LCR in .327.

TucsonDirt

Single-Sixer
IWB I use a DeSantis SofTuck, for pocket carry I use the Nemesis, also by DeSantis. Good priced and serviceable holsters.

tgiv

Bearcat
Newbie here just discovered this old post that offers not this solution that has worked for years in dress slacks POCKET CARRY LCR357 w/CT grips. Actually it was purchased & made for a S&W 442 but the leather didn't take any time at all adjusting to the LCR.

Lasts for YEARS
http://pcsholsters.com/catalog_item_NUC.html

With bigger more generous pockets, there are other options that will stay in pocket when drawing out gun.