Holster for GP100

Help Support Ruger Forum:

nnero93

Bearcat
Thanks everyone. I order a bianchi um84r from opticsplanet for $58 with free shipping. I also ordered a duty belt. I already have a bianchi accumold holster which was cheap and works great most situations. I just wanted more protection for the gun and a sturdier platform for in the woods, fourwheeling, on the tractor etc. I cant wait for it to come in. I really appreciate all the suggestions.

nnero93

Bearcat
Just got my holster in, it fits and covers my gp perfectly. I cant wait to try it out. Couldnt be happier so far.

nnero93

Bearcat
Here are some pics. There were taken from my phone while I was eating lunch so they aren't the best. I love my holster, wore it for about three hours the other day while getting firewood and fourwheeling. I also got a 2" duty belt to mount it on. Its also a great platform for my SOG Sealpup Elite knife as well.
Photo0108.jpg

Photo0109.jpg

Photo0111.jpg

Photo0112.jpg

Calthrop

Single-Sixer
I am glad you found the holster you needed. The flap will keep the crud out. I have passed over these types of holsters because I thought they would loose their shape over time and use. You took some real good pictures and keep us informed of how you are doing. We who carry GP's always need a new recommendation. Calthrop

JBL13

Bearcat
nnero93":3589pq0g said:
Here are some pics. There were taken from my phone while I was eating lunch so they aren't the best. I love my holster, wore it for about three hours the other day while getting firewood and fourwheeling. I also got a 2" duty belt to mount it on. Its also a great platform for my SOG Sealpup Elite knife as well.

Looks like a great holster for the woods. Thanks for posting the pics. That pushed me over the edge, and I just ordered one for my GP. :)

nnero93

Bearcat
Calthrop, here is a great review of the original Bianchi miitary holster on youtube. These holsters seem to have a very good reputation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDksK5G8eFc

JBL13, I think you will be very happy with your purchase. What color did you get? It was hard for me to choose but I thought black would best for most situations. I will keep everyone posted on future experiences with my holster and GP100. Thanks again for everyone's help in making this decision.

JBL13

Bearcat
nnero93":wdbtjilj said:
Calthrop, here is a great review of the original Bianchi miitary holster on youtube. These holsters seem to have a very good reputation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDksK5G8eFc

JBL13, I think you will be very happy with your purchase. What color did you get? It was hard for me to choose but I thought black would best for most situations. I will keep everyone posted on future experiences with my holster and GP100. Thanks again for everyone's help in making this decision.

I also went with black. I did give the color some thought, but I'm not a hunter, and I don't really need to "blend in" when in the wilds.

I just watched that YouTube video. I didn't realize the holster is so versatile. I'm even happier now about my purchase.

Stiofan

Bearcat
I've been using the Bianchi UM84r for about 20 years now. Honestly, it looks like new. It'll probably outlast me. Good choice.

When I bought mine, only OD green was available.