Holster for a Ruger SR9c

Help Support Ruger Forum:

CBennett

Single-Sixer
Ok guys just got a SR9c now I need a IWB holster for CC duties when I get it broken in..any recommendations...Id like either a full leather or full Kydex holster not any of those leather+kydex abominations ive seen that look like a piece of kydex bolted onto a hunk of leather.

kscott

Single-Sixer
I know this isn't exactly what you're asking for, but why don't you want a leather/kydex holster? strictly looks? You'll be hiding it in your pants ya know? :wink:

CBennett

Single-Sixer
because I dont like them they are just not for me. too many adjustable buckles and snaps and all that jazz..plus as you said I HATE the way they look. I just need a holster not a slab of beef hitched to me lol.

ConradM

Blackhawk
To bad you're limiting yourself. Comptacs and Supertucks are pretty much the best IWB holsters you can get. Good luck with that. :D

CBennett

Single-Sixer
see I believe comptac has a non nasty holster also called the infidel its just kydex or at least I think thats who makes it..I WOULD consider one of those. Im trying to see if I can get a RMlowrider in it but he only takes phone calls not emails and it was 10PM last night so I will have to call him..ive also seen quite a few leather ones that make them BUT I just dont like to roll the dice and guess im guessing someone that has a SR9c has a holster they like so just figured its easier to ask than roll the dice.

something like this would be acceptable.
http://www.comp-tac.com/product_info.php?products_id=68

Turbobuddha

Single-Sixer
I carry both my SR9 and my SR9c in a Crossbreed Supertuck. It mayy be ugly, but is extremely comfy. And it's great for IDPA and such since it stays open and you can one hand holster real easily. Don't limit yourself on looks. And they ain't complex either. Two screws. Set it one and your done. Best $70 you'll spend for a CC holster. I recommend the horsehide upgrade in more humid climates though. And teh combat cut is a nice addition. Easy to do yourself though.

Otherwise, look at something like the Milt Sparks Versa Max. All leather. very nice. But they're also well over $100. And not nearly as comfortable as the Supertuck type holster. Your going to be wearing it, concealed, for 12+ hours a day. Comfort should be one of your main concerns, not looks. But then again, I don't own GLOCKS because they're ugly as all get out. So I can't really dog you too much over that.

Rm LowRider? And you're calling the Supertuck ugly? Man, beauty is truly in the eye of the beholder :)

redsouthpaw

Bearcat
CBennett":d098fwmn said:
see I believe comptac has a non nasty holster also called the infidel its just kydex or at least I think thats who makes it..I WOULD consider one of those. Im trying to see if I can get a RMlowrider in it but he only takes phone calls not emails and it was 10PM last night so I will have to call him..ive also seen quite a few leather ones that make them BUT I just dont like to roll the dice and guess im guessing someone that has a SR9c has a holster they like so just figured its easier to ask than roll the dice.

something like this would be acceptable.
http://www.comp-tac.com/product_info.php?products_id=68

I use this for my SR9. Well constructed and works great. I don't see why it wouldn't work for the SR9c.

CBennett

Single-Sixer
Ok got guy making me one but its gonna be 6-8 weeks till its done so im gonna have to find a all purpose IWB cheapie till thats done....any ideas??

buckshotshorty

Single-Sixer
Turbobuddha":p9o2im2p said:
I carry both my SR9 and my SR9c in a Crossbreed Supertuck. It mayy be ugly, but is extremely comfy. And it's great for IDPA and such since it stays open and you can one hand holster real easily. Don't limit yourself on looks. And they ain't complex either. Two screws. Set it one and your done. Best $70 you'll spend for a CC holster. I recommend the horsehide upgrade in more humid climates though. And teh combat cut is a nice addition. Easy to do yourself though.

Otherwise, look at something like the Milt Sparks Versa Max. All leather. very nice. But they're also well over $100. And not nearly as comfortable as the Supertuck type holster. Your going to be wearing it, concealed, for 12+ hours a day. Comfort should be one of your main concerns, not looks. But then again, I don't own GLOCKS because they're ugly as all get out. So I can't really dog you too much over that.

Rm LowRider? And you're calling the Supertuck ugly? Man, beauty is truly in the eye of the beholder :)

Turbo: Is the retention and everything the same for the SR9 and SR9c when you put them into the Supertuck?

pb

buckshotshorty

Single-Sixer
kscott":3823zqku said:
Buckshot... My supertuck has the same retention with both pistols.

Thanks. I'm thinking of ordering Crossbreed's belt holster (OWB), which I would imagine is the same kydex design as the supertuck, with a belt fixing leather piece. Since there are currently no belt hosters thast I know of for the SR9c, i was thinking of ordering the SR9 belt holster from Crossbreed.

As it turns out, my cheap ( $13) Glock Combat belt holster works like it was made for the SR9c. So, I guess I'm good for now.

Turbobuddha

Single-Sixer
buckshotshorty":22d4svmd said:
Turbo: Is the retention and everything the same for the SR9 and SR9c when you put them into the Supertuck?

pb

Yes. The main body of both guns is the same. The only real difference is the barrel length (1/2") and the grip (1"). Neither should cause much of an issue in fit.

But yes, both fit and draw well from my Supertuck, the Fobus Paddle Holster and the leather holster than I made.

CBennett

Single-Sixer
bigbore45colt":ivcu9obt said:
I use the Milt Sparks Summer Special made for Glock 19/23, the SR9c fits in it almost like a glove. Works for me.

BB45C

wow I hope it works because my wife ordered one for me for a Valentines day present...she ordered the Glock 19/23 one from Brownells..it was saved on my "favorites" and it happened to be the first one so she thought it was my favorite lol...man fingers crossed this works for the SR9c PLEASE lol.

White Falcon

Bearcat
White Falcon
Bearcat

Posted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:06 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Walley World $6.47 Air Soft, Thanks for the heads up!!

Display posts from previous: All Posts1 Day7 Days2 Weeks1 Month3 Months6 Months1 Year Oldest FirstNewest First

White Falcon

Bearcat
DSCN20511464.jpg

DSCN20491462.jpg

Rugerlvr

Bearcat
Anybody have any updates on good usable holsters for the SR9c?

I picked up a DeSantis Nemesis for full-size autos and it's about an inch too long, otherwise it fits perfectly. (There is an inch of empty fabric below the muzzle when situated.)

Now I have to see if the DeSantis Nemesis for mid-size autos will fit.

Anybody have a decent IWB besides the supertuck?

sprale

Bearcat
I just picked up my SR9c. I just grabbed a thin canvas holster, but it's almost a sleeve. I think it'll do well for concealed carry. It's a great fit for the compact, though the metal clip is a bit tough. I'll take a few photos later...