Holster for a 50th Flat Top .357?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

WingMaster

Bearcat
Hi All. I'm looking for a little advice and input. I have a 50th Flat Top .357 that I'd like to get a holster for.

I have a Galco SAO for my NM BlackHawk but was wondering if anyone here had tried one for a 50th framed gun? Galcos website doesn't specify a 50th fame option in their drop-downs - as far as I can tell. Galco does have options for a .357 Vaquero - but not specifically New Vaquero. (I have wondered that since Ruger is no longer making the "older, larger Vaquero", does Galco automatically mean New Vaquero on their site). Has anyone here tried one and if so, which SAO did you order for your 50th Flat Top?

The other holster I am considering is a Simply Rugged Sourdough pancake but was wondering if the rear sight is protected or not by the holster? Anyone here have a Simpy Rugged Sourdough pancake for their 50th Flat Top?

Simms65

Bearcat
I have a Sourdough Pancake for my 50th .357.

I ordered it with a set of inside out straps and I can actually conceal it under just a t-shirt! I usually wear it OWB though. Incredible holster for the money. I would highly recommend it.

WingMaster

Bearcat
Simms65":i91kgemx said:
I have a Sourdough Pancake for my 50th .357.

I ordered it with a set of inside out straps and I can actually conceal it under just a t-shirt! I usually wear it OWB though. Incredible holster for the money. I would highly recommend it.

Thanks Simms65.

What's your take on the rear sight for the 50th? Is it covered or not covered or really not an issue for you? Do you get a lot of holster wear on your 50th with the Sourdough?

Simms65

Bearcat
The sight is covered by the holster. There are two drag marks on the inside of the holster that have developed from drawing/holstering from the corners of the rear sight. No appreciable holster wear yet, I'd say I've worn it maybe 30 times, several of which were hiking/backpacking including inclement weather.

StanMemTn

Single-Sixer
Good to hear about the Simply Rugged/ Anniversary .357 combo, espcially since I likely will getting a Sourdough Pancake on or about the 25th of this month to go with my .357!
I should be getting a set of the inside out straps too!

ShortBBL

Blackhawk
I love some of the more Custom or Classic makers like El Paso Saddlery, but the wait times can be a pain.

I've used Bianchi 1 or 1L's for years and they are very well made and you can get them "right now".

I bought this 1L for my 44 Special, but it is thye exact size (other than the BIG Hole) as the 357 Anniversary, which I stuck in it for this photo.

Bianchi1.jpg

Bianchi2.jpg

Bianchi3.jpg