Holo Sights Questions

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Lance0812

Bearcat
I'm new to the mini-14 and to rifle optics and although the mini came with scope rings that should make mounting easy, I'm more interested in being able to mount a holo sight.
Any suggestions as to what will work? Do I need to look for one with a particular type mount?
Thanks

First question would be if you have one of the 'older' standard minis or a ranch model.

The older standard models required a bracket to mount any type of optics, this raised the scope or other optics up a good bit and also the spent casing tended to hit the bottom of the scope because they are ejected more or less straight up.

The ranch model had / has indentions on the receiver over the bolt that allows for either scope rings or a rail to be installed and the ejector for the brass tends to throw them side ways and away from the optics.

If you have a ranch model the best bet would be a rail and then the holo site.

9x19

Hunter
Since you state you Mini came with scope rings, I presume it is a Ranch model...

I recently purchased one of the mounts sold by M1 Surplus for my PC9 and it seems to be a good setup. It is sold for the Minis so should fit fine... and it gives you lots of picatinnny rail for mounting. Here's a link.

mini14_scope_mount_cnmrub.gif

http://www.m1surplus.com/mini14%20ranch ... cnmrub.htm