Holly grips...can hardly wait!

Help Support Ruger Forum:

ebg3

Bearcat
I ordered a set of American Holly grips from PVTSCHULTZ for my 50th Annv. .357 Flattop last week and I can hardly wait to get them in and on the gun. I feel like a kid at Christmas! I'll try to post a pic when I get them in.
EG

Okie69

Bearcat
I know the exact feeling. I am waiting for a set of stag from Sack Peterson for my Single Six Bisley in 32. The little gun has drift sights and should look great with the stags.

contender

Ruger Guru
Well, I was going to post a picture of a set of my Hollys but I'm having issues with photobucket. I had to give up.
I love holly as a substitute for Ivory,, and it feels so good in the hands! Good luck with your set,, as I know they are quality stocks!

COR

Blackhawk
You will be pleased. I just received an exact set as you described (with medallions) and his contour is perfect for my hand with the flat bottom cut. I slid about 5 feet down a hill on my gun side during last weeks deer hunting and even put a few "character marks" on my set. Good turnaround time and very good prices. I would highly recommend him to anyone wanting to dress up their Lipsey's. BTW he is also a helluva nice guy.

Aggie01

Blackhawk
I have been very happy with Carl's work, I have my third set on order with him right now.

Here's a set of his holly on my .41 nee .357 anniversary
DSCN0867.jpg

and anoter set on my .44 special.
DSCN0725-1.jpg

ebg3

Bearcat
You've got to stop...you're killing me! Now I really can't wait. Those grips look great on your BH.
EG

ShortBBL

Blackhawk
I saw some once with Black hardware... those REALLY looked great on the Blued guns!! On Stainless, I think the silver colored hardware would obviously look best.

Either way... HOLLY is super looking wood! The poor mans (me) Ivory!

:shock:

Frank V

Single-Sixer
ebg3":25s1wv5f said:
I ordered a set of American Holly grips from PVTSCHULTZ for my 50th Annv. .357 Flattop last week and I can hardly wait to get them in and on the gun. I feel like a kid at Christmas! I'll try to post a pic when I get them in.
EG

Those are great looking stocks, congratulations. Does he have a web site? Thanks
Frank

ebg3

Bearcat
DerekR":1rzfw7gm said:
Here's a pic of mine from Carl on my 50th .357

A vast improvement over the stock grips....especially with full-house magnum loads!

100_0569.jpg
Wow! Great looking gun...those grips really complete the package.

1ruger

Single-Sixer
Wow, they do look like ivory :shock:
Maybe I'll have to get one after Christmas... when I have some play money again.

pvtschultz

Blackhawk
I am truly humbled by all of the kind remarks about my grips. I generally do not try to bask in my glory and comment on posts about my grips, but the amount of interest in my offerings as of late has been more than I have ever seen over the past 2.5 years or could have even expected. I take great pleasure knowing that what I am making with my two hands (and computer controlled router... :roll: ) are being enjoyed by people all across this great nation and in corners of the world where people are still allowed to own handguns.

Ethang: If you go to my homepage, at the very top I have a picture of American Holly grips on my 45 Colt NM (Super) Blackhawk. This combination isn't for everyone, that I have found out, but I really like the look of the white grips on stainless revolver.

Thank you everyone for posting pictures of my grips on your revolvers. I enjoy seeing where my grips end up and it also gives me a chance to see how much frame-to-frame variability there is.

I'm going to melt away now and watch for the sidelines. Thank you again everyone for the kind remarks and I mean it when I say, "I hope that you enjoy the grips that I have made for you as much as I have enjoyed making them".

gak

Buckeye
Actually Carl, you and I have been exchanging on the idea of doing a set for me and that's my exact intention--on my stainless Vaquero .44. I'd been thinking the opposite from this thread so far, that the "Ivory-Hollys" would look best on a stainless--sort of like ivories on an old Nickel Colt! I usually like the darks on the darks, and lights on the lights (tho dark on light is good too), but you gents have also proven how nice on a blue'd gun as well!