Holly grips...can hardly wait!

Help Support Ruger Forum:

DerekR

Bearcat
Leadeye":1a0stpw8 said:
I like the looks of these grips and wonder how they compare to white Micarta and Corian.

I can't speak to Corian, but I do have a set of white Micarta I fit to a USFA Rodeo this summer. The Holly is lighter in weight and the Micarta is tougher material. The Micarta is so tough that it took HOURS to fit an oversize set to the grip frame for my Rodeo. I sanded my life away on those grips! I have another set of Micarta on a 1911 that is the paper based Micarta and they are really pretty with the layers and all. The Hogue Micarta on my revolver has no layers. The Micarta tends to get a little slick with sweaty hands and the Holly not so much. I have to say that I prefer the feel of wood on a sixgun.

100_1312.jpg

100_1297.jpg

ebg3

Bearcat
Got my Holly grips in yesterday and they fit perfectly. Wow, they look and feel GREAT! Now I can't wait to do some shooting. Thanks Carl, you do great work.
Eddie G.

ebg3

Bearcat
I know. I'm an idiot when it comes to posting pics! I will try. Grips are beautiful and have black eagle/hawk medalions. I'm very pleased.
EG

J.Solo

Single-Sixer
I can't wait until I receive my End of year Spalted Curly Maple KARMA Grips for my 9.5" Single Six/Blackhawk. I know they will look GREAT.

J.Solo

wildwilly

Bearcat
I won a pair I picked the spalted maple can't wait to see what they look like on my blackhawk