Hogue Recoil Pads ?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

jrc270

Bearcat
I am considering replacing the factory recoil pad on my No 1. Since the wood M77 Mk II and No 1 use the same Ruger Part # pad, I would like to know if anyone has tried one of the Hogue "Pre-fit" pads on either a M77 or No 1.

If so, how was the fit, etc. I have considered a Pachmayr Decelerator but would rather not drill new screw holes if I don't need to.

Thanks for your feedback.

6mmsl

Single-Sixer
I have used Pachmayer with good results. The fit is not as good as stock but the results were better as far as recoil absorbtion.

LOP was the same and the rifle shouldered better in my opinion. Worth the effort. Although over the years Ruger has improved their recoil pads and the new Hawkeye pads are as good as any.

All my rifles are M77's-MKII and Hawkeye's.

Good shooting -Steve

Silent Sam

Blackhawk
Haven't tried Hogue. I have Decelerator and Limbsaver prefit pads on a couple of rifles. Both are good. Limbsaver is softer, I prefer the Decelerator. Fit will be a bit of a gamble especially with wood stocks. If you really want it right grind to fit is the way to go. I have one Decelerator Pre-fit on a RSM that fits well. It was for a std MKII and the RSM stocks are beefier. The ones on #1s are grind to fit. Neither Pre-fits were even close to a decent fit. They work well on synthetic stocks which to me need a good pad more than a wood stock. That's where the pre-fits shine as the fit isn't as critical and I think the synthetic stocks are more consistent.

cimcw

Bearcat
For what its worth...
I have used the pre fit Kick Eez pads on several of my Rugers. They are way better than stock, and I think they are better than the Decelerator also.