Hogue Handall on an SR9?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

jhearne

Buckeye
It should fit, though I don't have one or tried, I think it's a tight fit on the P95 and other Poly-P guns, with the slimmer grip it could be a little loose. I don't think that's going to be an issue though, think it works ok IIRC.

Josh

onfinal

Bearcat
I put a Limbsaver on my SR9 and it is excellent. They are not easy people to deal with, but their grip sleeve is outstanding.

Burley

Bearcat
I've got one. It fits OK, the palm swells are a bit much for me. I'll post a pic when I get a chance.

Burley

Bearcat
hoag.jpg

I think this is what you're talking about. You really can't see how thick the palm swells are in this pic. They're ambi and really spoil the slim profile of the SR 9. I goes on a little sloppy and forms to the grip after it's on a while. Mine also has the rounded insert in the back of the grip.

dUnCE

Bearcat
Yes, I have. The slim profile of the SR9 is a tad bit uncomfortable me (which sucks, 'cause I love the pistol). It's the palm swells in the Handall that I'm actually hoping will make it a bit more of a joy to shoot.

wildturk":ddzqfj55 said:
Have you shot much with the SR9 as it is? Just wondering since the SR has a decent texture on the grip area.

Burley

Bearcat
If all you're after is a bit of palm swell you can tape something where you want on the grip and strech a bicycle inner tube over it. Don't get me wrong, the over grip I have is OK, it just adds a little more than I like.

brickman7

Bearcat
I put one on mine over the convex grip and it feels good...It's a little tight, but it will go on will a little effort...

michael hacker

Bearcat
I too like a bit beefer grip and use the handall grip sleeve. I love it, it helps to fill out what I consider to be too slim for firing, it does increase the thickness of the grip, which makes it harder to carry inside the pants, but poses no problems with a belt holster.

-Michael
www.michaelhacker.com