Hog trapping

Help Support Ruger Forum:

MHtractorguy

Single-Sixer
My brother in law in Florida had to kill a couple of wild pigs. They were tall and long. He said they were pretty lean and tough.

Ever see the movies "Snatch" and "Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels" ??? They threaten to feed a guy to the pigs.

But are these wild pigs eatable? Do they taste good?
The small 40-50# ones are for sure. I don't know about the full grown ones.
I'm sure you have heard the saying "He went in the woods to sh!t and the hogs ate him" They will do it and not leave a trace. ;)

mirglip

Single-Sixer
It depends in part on what they eat. A hundred pound sow that's been eating pecans is pretty good meat. A 250 lb boar that's been eating carrion, not worth skinning.
I think it's a rule that sows over 100 aren't edible and most shoats either sex under 40 pounds are OK. It doesn't matter whether you eat them or not, just kill as many a you can.

Brant

Bearcat
My family has killed hundreds here in Louisiana. Heck my nephew killed his first on his 4 th birthday! Now 3 years later, he has probably killed near 50. The above advice on eating them is all correct. I tend to keep 50lb ish and smaller. We have a place to haul them off if not eating them, and they do in fact disappear fast.

mirglip

Single-Sixer
My family has killed hundreds here in Louisiana. Heck my nephew killed his first on his 4 th birthday! Now 3 years later, he has probably killed near 50. The above advice on eating them is all correct. I tend to keep 50lb ish and smaller. We have a place to haul them off if not eating them, and they do in fact disappear fast.
Can you make a rice and gravy outta dat?

Latest posts