HKS Speedloaders are all them junk?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

wvrick

Bearcat
I have used them in the past in other revolvers brands in 44 mag and they worked great 15 years ago, since I bought my GP 100 I have got two model 586-A that are the model for my GP 100 and if I needed to reload with them I might as well do it by hard one at a time. I have to jiggle them and still they don't work right. Is anyone else having this problem? I'm very disappointed in HKS. I have changed the grips and even tried to use the loader with out grips installed and its the same every time.

bub

Single-Sixer
wvrick, I'm surprised you're having trouble. I have used HKS speed loaders and know several guys who work at various PDs nearby that use them and no one has ever had any trouble. I'd call HKS and let them know, might be a bad run of loaders?

Bub

Pal Val

Buckeye
Someone please 'splain to me why anyone would want to buy a .44 special just to stoke it up to near-.44 mag loads? Doesn't it make more sense to load down a "real" .44 mag?

Just a random thought...

batmann

Single-Sixer
I have used HKS for years and outside of making sure the grips have clearance, they have worked fine. There is a little wiggle in them, nature of the beast I think.
Speed strips: www.tuffproducts.com They have them in .44 caliber and I also use them.

wvrick

Bearcat
Well, I have tryed to get a phone number for them and their address comes up empty???? There is no number or any contact info of their web site either.

Yosemite Sam

Hunter
Ale-8(1)":daf8muhf said:
Pal Val, what exactly does your comment have to do with the subject of this thread????
I'm guessing, wrong topic?

I've been having a bit of trouble with a brand new HKS loader for .44, but I think it's just teething issues. I did notice the shells seem to rattle around more than in my .357 loaders.

If you're interested, here are some speed strips.

They fit great in a Simply Rugged "Most Versatile" ammo pouch... ;)

-- Sam

meanc

Single-Sixer
I've got a couple of HKS I bought new in 1989 or 90 and a couple I recently bought this past month at a show (both for the 357mag).

The new ones seem to work just as well as the older ones.

They're actually a little tighter but should loosen up over time.

GP100man

Buckeye
wvrick

what bullet are ya useing????

It makes a difference !!

I litely chamfer my charge holes.

Google Maxfires & see how those look to ya!

wvrick

Bearcat
GP100man - I've tryed 38 SPL=P 125 gr. GDHP Gold Dot, FIOCCHI 357 Mag. FMJTC 142 gr. and some hand loads with lead SWC. The 38 seam to load the best but still not like they should.

wvrick

Bearcat
batmann":17cu8ykp said:
Must be your computer, I was just on their site to make sure.
877-883-3776 is the phone number.

Does Tuff Products Mfg. HKS? I never found HKS's number

raven5

Bearcat
Off the direct topic but speedloader related, has anyone tried the ones listed for 44 Mag with .45 Colt? I know HKS has ones that are for the .45 Colt, but just curious. I really like the Safariland Comp I actually but it also is only listed for .44 Mag. I'd like to use it for my Redhawk, but hate to buy one to try and it not work; hoping someone here has tried it.

smoke-eater

Blackhawk
I have a definite preference for Safariland speedloaders. Used them when I was a LEO. They never gave me a problem, even after repeatedly dropping them on the ground, as we were trained to do after a reload. Wish they made them for .44mags.

Jeff

Rob72

Bearcat
wvrick":1qyza6ew said:
Well, I have tryed to get a phone number for them and their address comes up empty???? There is no number or any contact info of their web site either.
Dunno. I ordered two sets of .44 strips (online) two weeks ago and received them last week. Tuffproducts makes the speedstrip...

Scotsman1886

Bearcat
I use the Safariland Comp 2. I like them since they only require a push to release the rounds.
I think the "A" means the rounds shake tho. I have a "10" and a "10-A" and the "A" has wiggle and the other doesn't

Yosemite Sam

Hunter
raven5":2xfgv3mh said:
Off the direct topic but speedloader related, has anyone tried the ones listed for 44 Mag with .45 Colt? I know HKS has ones that are for the .45 Colt, but just curious. I really like the Safariland Comp I actually but it also is only listed for .44 Mag. I'd like to use it for my Redhawk, but hate to buy one to try and it not work; hoping someone here has tried it.
Probably not. The .45 Colt has a rebated rim and thicker body. If I remember I'll give it a try, though. Mine are HKS; Don't know if the Safariland ones grip the shells the same way or not.

-- Sam

wvrick

Bearcat
Contacted HKS today, very friendly and said to send them back and note any misalignment ( tilt in or out ) and they can use another loader parts to correct the problem.