Highest known KSP240?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

trapperon

Blackhawk
I just picked up a used 4 inch short lug sp-101 .22 cal. It has the original box and is a model ksp240 with s/n 572-09303. From what I can tell, it is a much higher s/n than the RENE has listed for this model. It came in the grey plastic case with a white end label.

It is a sweet handling little revolver--couldnt pass it up at $349!!! I am just curious now if this is the highest known or if a "cleanup run" was made since Chad had recorded this model.

Any comment, Chad? Thanks!

Ron

djw54

Single-Sixer
Ron,
Congratulations. Just so I can kick myself for not hitting the shops lately, where'd you pick this up?
Don

chet15

Hawkeye
trapperon":1e714nlq said:
I just picked up a used 4 inch short lug sp-101 .22 cal. It has the original box and is a model ksp240 with s/n 572-09303. From what I can tell, it is a much higher s/n than the RENE has listed for this model. It came in the grey plastic case with a white end label.
It is a sweet handling little revolver--couldnt pass it up at $349!!! I am just curious now if this is the highest known or if a "cleanup run" was made since Chad had recorded this model.
Any comment, Chad? Thanks!
Ron

The highest KSP240 (designated that way from the distributor anyway....a non "X" model) is 572-85915.
There were some long frame KSP-240 (three reported with a 570- prefix), but I wonder if they were actually shipped as KSP-240X or as KSP-240.
Chet15

trapperon

Blackhawk
Don--it was at Silver Bullet in Grand Rapids. They usually have some great deals, but I always am amazed at how little they must give for them. I'll bet they allowed someone $250 or $275 on this one/

Chad- thanks for the info. I do remember a thread on the long frame vs short. I didnt measure the frame, but the box indicated a short frame.

Ron

djw54

Single-Sixer
trapperon":36ntycqh said:
Don--it was at Silver Bullet in Grand Rapids. They usually have some great deals, but I always am amazed at how little they must give for them. I'll bet they allowed someone $250 or $275 on this one/
Ron

Ron,
I figured that might be the case. I've gotten some real gems in there, at real good used prices.
Don

Latest posts