High voume LCR shooting.

Help Support Ruger Forum:

wolfee

Blackhawk
I got to shoot a borrowed LCR 38 today. I was astonished at how nice the trigger pull was and how comfortable the grip is. I gotta have one. But, I have no interest in using it as a CC gun. It will make regular trips to my shooting range and probably get shot a lot. If I avoid +P, can I expect it to hold together for a few thousand rounds? Maybe a lotta thousands of rounds? It was SO light and the forcing cone is about as thick as a slice of Arbys roast beef. It just doesn't look like the kind of gun designed to be given regular workouts. What about the aluminum/steel seperating?

GKC

Blackhawk
I would expect it to...and Ruger will take care of any problems. However, this is why I prefer to have the .357 model, and shoot .38 +P in it. It's about 3 oz heavier, which helps a little with recoil, but it really isn't noticeably heavier to carry (at least not to me.) The LCR has a much better trigger and is more comfortable to shoot than the comparable S&W J frames (not knocking them, just my personal experience.)

cjs1945

Single-Sixer
If i was only going to use it as a range gun, i would go with the Sp-101, it is built to last a lifetime and you have the option of SA or DA shooting. The LCR is nice though, i sometimes use the LCR357 for CC and plan on a LCR-38 for the wife, they are durable and well built and i have no concern about them giving many years of service.