High speed bullet impact video

Help Support Ruger Forum:

contender

Ruger Guru
That was very educational. I enjoyed every one of the different impacts, with dufferent types of bullets. From lead to jacketed, to FMJ, & birdshot. I wonder who makes the bullets that have a pointed base? Also, the lead bullets with a cupped base imploded backward near the end of their destruction. Or the "bulb" of metal being pushed ahead of a bullet penetrating plate steel. The shockwave expansions etc. All of it is VERY informative. I wish they had posted what kind of bullet & material the were impacting for each shot though. EXCELLENT footage.

Very interesting.
I shoot some 30-06 FMJ and APs at some steel. There is a complete difference on the front side of the steel between the two.
Now I understand why. Just a lot of sh$t takes place on the front of the steel as well as the back.
Thanks,
Jim

bluestraw

Bearcat
Very nice OP! Not only did I watch the whole 10 mins, which I usually only watch 30 second clips, I also spent another 10 watching other similar vids. :?

JWhitmore44

Blackhawk
I thought was interesting that the bullets being hit by the shot deformed a little but did not seem to deviate form it's direction. Interesting vid.

wbw2

Single-Sixer
JWhitmore44":14twumgs said:
I thought was interesting that the bullets being hit by the shot deformed a little but did not seem to deviate form it's direction. Interesting vid.

Of the entire video, that was the most suprising bit to me. The shot looked like it barely affected the bullets at all.