Hi friends. Been gone a while.

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Tallbald2

Bearcat
I had some trouble signing on earlier in this year. Got that resolved thanks to moderator help here. My beloved Ms Penny contracted covid in late January, which progressed despite antibiotics to pneumonia from both staph and strep. The world nearly lost my precious bride during that 17 day isolation stint in our hospital. While that transpired I was found to also have covid, and a chest xray showed the injury typical of covid infection as well as nodules that were suspicious for cancer. CT's showed I need to have more Cts to follow any changes. A scope found polyps that required me to have a section of colon removed due to pre-cancerous polyps too large to be removed by scope. Also took the ileocecal valve out. Yearly scopes to come....
In August I was stopped to make a turn and was rear-end struck by a full size pickup truck moving along at a clip despite his locked brakes. Buckled the frame of my own full size truck in two places, and did $7400 in damage. Tore apart my shoulder tendon and muscle repair I had to have done in 2021. Repair surgery done once more the day before Thanksgiving Day. Recovering from that now and will have to have more shoulder surgery in next few weeks as well as the aforementioned scope.
I wanted to touch base here and express to all that I do so hope the holidays are good and rewarding for all of us here. I haven't been online in forums and posting much is because I don't feel I can contribute much to any discussion.
All my best to you folks!
Don

So happy to know you're alive Don! I missed you!

So much so, that I started a thread here in the lounge to see if anyone had heard from you. I feared you had been claimed by the tornado outbreak that claimed so many lives in your area a while back - it seemed like your disappearance coincided with that event.

I thank God for answering prayers for you and Miss Penny. I am thrilled to know you are both still verticle!
Prayers sent for your recovery and your future surgeries as well. God Bless!

Johnnu2

Buckeye
WELCOME HOME BROTHER

Lots of healing for you to do physically and emotionally.... Prayers up

J.

Tallbald2

Bearcat
Watchman that tornado back December 11th last year was a true nightmare. My nephew now lives in what was my first home here in Bowling Green, back in 1984. Over near Veterans Blvd and Russellville Road, which was some of the hardest hit area in town.. That home was damaged badly and 25 feet away, the entire roof and structure was torn off the home of his next door neighbor. Who had also been my next door neighbor from 84 to 90. Watching the sky that night the lightening illuminated the entire western sky full of vicious black swirling clouds. I woke Penny and told her to get dressed, grab her insulin bag and medicines and her revolver. I grabbed our two dogs and we located to the hall bathroom. Power failed, winds roared and the s*** hit the fan. And the fan was in the wind too with trash and construction lumber way up high. Surprisingly no damage to our own home.
We housed my nephew's remaining valuables while he and his family were housed in a hotel.
Quite the tragic night, but yes we remain vertical. Always a man of great spirituality and gratitude, I've continued my prayers of thanks each and every day. No more or less than before this year, but rather with a more acute understanding of how close losses can be in the blink of an eye, the squeal of brakes, or the inhalation of someone else's sneezer...
Feels good to talk here about the mess this year is panning out to be...
Don

Don:
Hey! It’s very nice to hear from you. I was wondering about that tornado as well. It sounds like quite a night.

Sorry to hear about all your troubles this year. I assume the Covid has taken care of itself?

And don’t say you don’t have anything to contribute to a discussion. I’m sure you could. If anything tell us how the state of our health care is these days. Have you gotten any bills yet?

My wife fell and broke her little finger last January. The bill was something like $9,000 dollars. Basically they gave her some aspirin and taped her finger up for a couple weeks.

But it is very good to hear from you. Don’t be a stranger!

contender

Ruger Guru
Don,, it's good to see you return to us here!

Y'all get better,, & vehicles can be replaced or repaired. Hang around a bit more & just check in to let us know you are still here!

Snake45

Hawkeye
Welcome back! You've been missed. ;)

I thought I was having a bad year, but you old friend win the pie. May God Bless you and keep you and make your path a bit easier from here on out. ;)

gunzo

Buckeye
Hello Don. Sounds like ya had a bad year, hope it's all getting better.

Thanks for checking in. With that bad tornado down your way last year, some of us were a bit worried if you were still around.
Still making belts?

Mobuck

Hawkeye
The old saying ' When it rains, it pours ' certainly fits your situation. I hope things get better and you can enjoy things again.

Hi! You never signed back in after the Dec.10 tornado. I not only did internet searches for victims in the BG area (luckily didn't find your last name among the list), but also had my nephew who lives there and works in the medical field there- check all the hospital records for your name. After you didn't show up at any BG or Nashville hospitals, and didn't reply to my email- I thought maybe your home had been destroyed and you went somewhere else. Brother, we caught the edge of the Mayfield tornado here. I no longer recognize Mayfield- literally. And I still constantly find debris from it every time I am out in the woods around here. Glad to see y'all made it through that and Covid. If you have frame damage- they will total the truck. Good luck finding a nice truck around here at a decent price.