Herrett's Custom Shooting Master stocks on my Security Six

Help Support Ruger Forum:

ab4ka

Single-Sixer
Today I picked up a set of Herrett's Custom Shooting Master stocks for my Security Six and they look even better than I thought they would. When I get around to replacing the rear sight on this gun it will be perfect! I love the feel of the Herrett's, they are just right. I can't wait to try shooting it with them.
SN851127.jpg

SN851128.jpg

GilaMonster

Bearcat
ab4ka":3uylhbci said:
...When I get around to replacing the rear sight on this gun it will be perfect!

question: when/if you replace the original rear sight on the Sec6, with what would you replace it?

curious to know what is available out there after-market, and why and how it would be better than the stock sights.

thanks!

wixedmords

Blackhawk
I saw those for sale somewhere ab4ka. The other Ruger forum maybe.

Glad you like them. Anything that allows one to shoot more or more comfortably is a fantastic thing in my book.

ab4ka

Single-Sixer
GilaMonster":2jf12myj said:
ab4ka":2jf12myj said:
...When I get around to replacing the rear sight on this gun it will be perfect!

question: when/if you replace the original rear sight on the Sec6, with what would you replace it?

curious to know what is available out there after-market, and why and how it would be better than the stock sights.

thanks!

I've got a spare factory rear sight in a box of parts my granddad gave me.

ab4ka

Single-Sixer
wixedmords":1xuqxkee said:
I saw those for sale somewhere ab4ka. The other Ruger forum maybe.

Glad you like them. Anything that allows one to shoot more or more comfortably is a fantastic thing in my book.

I got them from a gentleman on Florida Shooters Network. I shot 100rds today and they were great! Much better than the factory stocks and not as big as the Pachmayr I've got.

epj

Bearcat
I got a new sight for mine from Brownells. I think all the Ruger revolvers use the same rear sight, both SA and DA. Anyway the one I got fit just like the old one. Cost about $16.00.

GilaMonster

Bearcat
ab4ka":sitaopvj said:
I've got a spare factory rear sight in a box of parts my granddad gave me.

I guess my question should have been, what was it about the rear sight that would prompt you to replace it? Didn't work, was missing, or what?

I thought maybe you knew of an aftermarket sight that is better than the stock...

ab4ka

Single-Sixer
the upper edges of my rear sight are dinged up and that's the only part of the gun that doesn't look great. That's the only reason I'll mess with it, and even then only because I've got a spare.